Jagarha

Stuck as driver / Unable to lock Vehicles / Items dissapearing

Question

Did a search, didn't see this listed anywhere. 

1) After exiting a vehicle, it keeps the steering wheel (or passenger seat) icon next to your name. (only visible in squad)

2) Sometimes it takes multiple attempts to lock a vehicle (or just not being able to period).    Relogging fixes both of these issues, atleast able to lock the first vehicle we approach. Doors do not appear to be affected.

3) Items are sometimes disappearing if after we craft them if packs  are full.  Do not appear to be dropping on ground anywhere. Have been testing w/ making planks, first noticed when I attempted to build a fortification upgrade.  Onesie, twosies work, but when I attempted to craft 9, the pop up showed up and all i had was empty inventory. (other items remained, just no wood)

No longer have the pop up in the bottom left for locking/unlocking or the nice chirp from the vehicles that was there for a little bit :D

EDIT:  using newest version "Pitaya"

Edited by Jagarha
Added more detail

6 answers to this question

Okey, so I have solved the issue :D 

Exile are sending the objects instead of the netId:s of the objects. This can easily be solved by just adding "netId _object" instead of just "_object" on some of the params in their requests. 

In the file "ExileServer_object_lock_network_lockToggle.sqf" you can replace following rows:

Row 56 - [owner _object,"LockVehicleRequest",[netId _object,false]] call ExileServer_system_network_send_to;

Row 60 - [_sessionID,"lockResponse",["Unlocked!", true , netId _object , _objectPinCode, 0]] call ExileServer_system_network_send_to;

Row 77 - [owner _object,"LockVehicleRequest",[netId _object,true]] call ExileServer_system_network_send_to;

Row 81 - [_sessionID,"lockResponse",["Locked!",true, netId _object, _objectPinCode, 2]] call ExileServer_system_network_send_to;

This solves the locking/unlocking of vehicles and

Quote by Jagarha

No longer have the pop up in the bottom left for locking/unlocking or the nice chirp from the vehicles that was there for a little bit :D

Edited by Player - Join Sp4r.com in Arma 3

Did a search, didn't see this listed anywhere. 

1) Since the patch today (03Oct) after exiting a vehicle, it keeps the steering wheel (or passenger seat) icon next to your name.

2) Some times it takes multiple attempts to lock a vehicle (or just not being able to period).    Relogging fixes both of these issues, atleast able to lock the first vehicle we approach.    it appears doors are not affected  

3) Items are sometimes disappearing if after we craft them if packs are full.(did not happen before)  Do not appear to be dropping on ground anywhere. 

you got the new 0.9.32? i dont encounter any error!

Advertisement

We have encountered the unlock/lock issue as well.

In the client local log it states that the in incoming dispatch message has a param type mismatch.

"ExileClient - Incoming message: ["lockResponse",["Locked!",true,58264100# 1004148: quadbike_01_f.p3d REMOTE,"5358",2]]"
"ExileClient - NetworkMenager - Parameter type mismatch! Payload: ["lockResponse",["Locked!",true,58264100# 1004148: quadbike_01_f.p3d REMOTE,"5358",2]]"

As it seems the params for "lockResponse" are ["STRING","BOOL","STRING","STRING","SCALAR"] ,which are defined in the Exile_Client.pbo/config.pbo, but the params received  are ["STRING","BOOL","OBJECT","STRING","SCALAR"] 

In addition to all above, sometimes when I respawn, I respawn on my dead body

Ask your admins to clear your player tuples in the database, sometimes for some weird reason Exile spawns a new character when the old one is still stated to be alive. By clearing out the old player tuples we have solved this issue before.

Advertisement