Z80CPU

0.9.32 'Sticky Satchels' Not Working - v0.9.32B

Question

When attaching a satchel bomb to a user built wall, the bomb may 'stick', but you cannot set off.  You get the action menu choice, but upon selecting, nothing happens.  The action menu detonate goes away, but the bomb stay attached to the walls.  I repeated this 'event' 3 times, always with the same result.

However, they work on people and cars without issue (not completely tested though).  If you attempted to attach to an ARMA building, they get placed on the ground.  I am not sure about the 'sticky bomb' concerning ARMA buildings.  With user built buildings, you get the problem mentioned above.

This is with the current updated versions of server/client 'B'.

Edited by Z80CPU

8 answers to this question

Confirmed.

Also : If you delete the wall as admin the satchel goes off :)

Simple Explanation: Walls/Doors/Floors doesn't have active simulations. If a object gets attachedTo an object without Simulation the Object itself (in this case the satchels) doesent have simulation either. So they can never blow up (not via scroll action nor via direct damage).

Advertisement

ned and i are correct.

per change log:  "You can now attach satchel charges to vehicles, choppers, UAVs, player or constructions"

well, you CAN attach, you just cannot detonate them, on SOME things.  BUT, you can on people and vehicles.  surely, you're not saying that the devs made it so you can ONLY attach bombs to walls but not set them off NOR can you remove them are you?

in all fairness, i did not try it on doors.

however, the 'limitation' is not noted in change logs, it is 'inclusive' of *all* constructions, not certain elements of such.

and the attaching to people is soooo funny!  hahaha...vehicles too!  watch out! bf4 in arma!  woo hoo!  ;)

:)

after original post, i did try it on a gate as well:

bomb on the left

bomb on the right

bomb on the center

3 attempts and 3 fails.

the detonate action would disappear after selection and the bomb would remain every time unexploded and unable to remove.

First 10 minutes of 0.9.3 I found that is correct, has anyone used 0.9.34 in this test yet?

Confirmed. Tested on 0.9.34, same issue. Attached satchel charges do not blow up except when you admin delete the wall it's attached to.

Advertisement