Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kidesh

How to make your server work after update.

Question

Hi

When I reliased last night that players where not getting into my server and being kicked i updated my exile to 0.9.32 through arma3 launcher.

I then went to my control panel and pressed steam update. Then tried to join my server and got this.

Files "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Exile\addons\dbo_old_bike.pbo",                                                                                                                            "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Exile\addons\exile_client.pbo",                                                                                                                                "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Exile\addons\gnt_c185.pbo"                                                                                                                                      are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

So what is the next step?

How do I install additional accepted keys?

Plus, Why has is my server saying running but when I look on Launcher it is not there.

I also read this from Eichi

Admin Info

• No wipe required, but recommended
  • No database update required
  • You need to update your description.ext
    • Check the ShowHUD line especially!                           ---when i get there what is it suppose to be like?                                                                                                                                                    // DO NOT CHANGE THIS! +showHUD = 0;
  • You need to update your config.cfg                                        -- Where is this found?
    • Set verifySignatures to 1
    • Remove the line "requiredSecureId" if present
  • You need to update your BE filters                                        --How do we do this?
  • You need to update your mission file                                     --How do we do this?
  • You need to use new keys                                                     --How do we get those?
  • Be sure to add your changes to our new CfgSettings. We have changed a LOT!

Please get back as I have seen more people with the same problem with no answer.

Edited by kidesh

3 answers to this question

Sorry to be Rude. But if you do not understand what to do in the above post you should not be hosting a server. What is explained here is very very simple server stuff and mission editing. 

Every one has to start somewhere, and the only way to learn is to ask questions. I am new to all this and it is and find this helpful. so instead of being a troll take it else where. 

1 person likes this

Updating steam is not what you want to do. I had a server through VertHosting and to update you need to go to "mods" and install exile. I think Vilayer has a option for updating, but your Arma III should be up to date, therefore you should not have to use "Steam Update".

Admin Info

• No wipe required, but recommended
  • No database update required
  • You need to update your description.ext
    • Check the ShowHUD line especially!                           ---when i get there what is it suppose to be like?                                                                                                                                                    // DO NOT CHANGE THIS! +showHUD = 0;
  • You need to update your config.cfg                                        -- Where is this found?
    • Set verifySignatures to 1
    • Remove the line "requiredSecureId" if present
  • You need to update your BE filters                                        --How do we do this?
  • You need to update your mission file                                     --How do we do this?
  • You need to use new keys                                                     --How do we get those?
  • Be sure to add your changes to our new CfgSettings. We have changed a LOT!

Please get back as I have seen more people with the same problem with no answer.

Sorry to be Rude. But if you do not understand what to do in the above post you should not be hosting a server. What is explained here is very very simple server stuff and mission editing. 

Advertisement