Chain

ExileZ - Zombie Mod Fix - Unofficial

142 posts in this topic

UPDATE

Ryanszombies mod has updated with my fix.

You can download it here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/182412-zombies-demons-also-a-ruger-44-magnum-bolt-action-rifle/

I will continue to update the mod here though for compatibility with Exile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER

This is a modified version of ryanzombies and is unofficial. The mod  includes a loot function, so zombies that spawn carry loot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WIP FEATURES - To be Released soon

- Zombies wont be able to walk through exile objects/buildings

- Points for killing Zombies

- Headless Client support (INCLUDED)

What Im working on ATM

Currently working on:

- Points for killing Zombies

-

-

Usage

Currently working with:

@Exile v0.9.20 / @Esseker / @mas_weapons

I have included a download link to two zips. One being the zombie mod fix, the other being a small mission template.

Mod

In order for this fix to work both the client and server must have this fix, if you are a server host and wish to use this fix than you will have to get all your players to download this fix. Included is a new bikey as well. If you download this mod do not launch the original ryanszombies, just launch my fixed version.

Mission

The template includes the recommended settings. It also includes triggers to delete zombies.

The game logic controls the settings of zombies and the modules spawn in the zombies at the location of the module. Copy as many of the zombie spawner modules as you want and scatter them around the map especially in city's. The triggers you can place over any area you do not want zombies. Keep in mind you can customize all the game logic settings and what spawns in though the zombie delete trigger may not work.

After downloading the mission files, extract it to your Arma 3 profiles mission folder, than open it in the editor. Once opened in the editor turn on map markers. The map markers will tell you what each thing is. From there either change the settings than copy everything to your exile map or just copy the current settings (recommended).

Features

Everything from ryanzombies +

- Custom zombie loot on spawn

- Zombies do damage to you

- Game logic modified to create slower attacking zombies

Download

v2 Release

Mission template: https://mega.nz/#!Mh1mRD7L!RqDQirofe043Om47z2YPQpI0f-Ujqakxxdp_I-99jbU

Mod: https://mega.nz/#!lkUUCbYL!em5WlpDGx30CqMNwAoRNkww5m1yG2SnRgZRd4J8vRhQ

Make sure to use the easy zombie game logic if you do not want to be killed near instantly.

How to add Zombie loot.

1. Copy this script (DOWNLOAD) and put it within your exile_server_config folder (before packing into a pbo file).

2. Add this to the bottom of your exile_server_config.pbo's, config.cpp

class CfgVehicles
{
    class CAManBase;
    class EventHandlers;
    class RyanZombieCivilian_F: CAManBase
    {
        class EventHandlers: EventHandlers
        {
            init = "_this exec '\exile_server_config\zombie.sqf'; _this exec '\ryanzombies\sounds.sqf'";
        };
    };
};

My Server

IP: ops.socomd.com

port: 2402

or search for ExileZ

Thanks

SOCOMD, Seth for the help and AncientEvil for the idea of zombie loot.

Edited by Chain
1 person likes this

Advertisement

Checking it out .. Thanks 

All good, post here if you have any problems.

Edited by Chain

Do I load this mod with Ryan's Zombie mod or Just this one 

Just load the fixed version and exile. If you run the original mod it will conflict :(

Ok sounds good thanks.. System is working perfect. Thanks 

Edited by dobrowney

Eh is there a way to change the loot on to the zombies to be in their clothing and not the their vest. The vest kind of wreck it .. 

Eh is there a way to change the loot on to the zombies to be in their clothing and not the their vest. The vest kind of wreck it ..

I have it set to vests because thats the way i like it :P

But if you like I will upload just the zombie damage fix without he loot. Though then you will have to use an external script to add loot to zombies. Give me a sec.

EDIT:

Mod with no Loot: https://mega.nz/#!QoV1wDKa!vA0L1duSsVe5zWyLvb-glXHfvwm39iq79_3VuIbyG2o

You should be able to use this in an external script. Just execute it in the init.sqf

_zloot = ["Exile_Item_Catfood","Exile_Item_PlasticBottleFreshWater","Exile_Item_InstaDoc","Exile_Item_DuctTape","Exile_Item_JunkMetal","Exile_Item_LightBulb","Exile_Item_Rope","Exile_Item_CamoTentKit","Exile_Item_WoodPlank","Exile_Item_FuelCanisterFull"];
_zlootitem = _zloot call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_zombie addItemToUniform _zlootitem; 

Edited by Chain

I have to ask. Is there an option to gain poptabs and respect for killing zeds.  That would be an amazing addon.  Over all best zeds system to use in exlie.  Every thing is working perfect.  Players are loving it. Thanks again

Edited by dobrowney

I have to ask. Is there an option to gain poptabs and respect for killing zeds.  That would be an amazing addon.  Over all best zeds system to use in exlie.  Every thing is working perfect.  Players are loving it. Thanks again

All good man glad everyone is having fun :D 

Its actually funny you should mention that. We have been working on that for awhile now. Haven't made much progress but we are getting there :)

Hopefully sometime during this week ill have a points system working.

Advertisement