Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Warfighter

Spawned vehicles not saving in database.

9 posts in this topic

Hello, how do i make vehicles that the server have spawned save to database? i have same problem with ai mission spawned vehicles.

Advertisement

It's been discussed a few times. 

If sometime it gets added it should be like this: 

Go to trader and buy code lock.
Go to the vehicle, scroll down and "Add lock". 
Once lock is applied, vehicle is added to database with the specific player as owner. 

The thing you're seeking will mess your server up very fast if you want ambient vehicles to be saved in the database, it would create an insane amount of vehicles upon every restart, because the previous ambient vehicles would be saved and loaded as well, say you have 2 vehicles per grid, count the amount of grids there is on the map, and multiply by 2, that's the amount of vehicles you'd have after just 1 restart. 

As I mentioned above, the best way to do this is by adding code lock functionality to vehicles, so you can "claim" the vehicle. Right now the only purpose ambient vehicles have, is easy money and free transport.

1 person likes this

Thats wired, cause tried add a code lock to a vehicle, but could that be because i used the vehicle's normal classname and not its exile one? Maybe thats why i couldn't add the code lock. Well that answered alot of my question, thanks for the information @ka0s :)

Thats wired, cause tried add a code lock to a vehicle, but could that be because i used the vehicle's normal classname and not its exile one? Maybe thats why i couldn't add the code lock. Well that answered alot of my question, thanks for the information @ka0s :)

You can't add a code lock to a spawned vehicle.

yup... i found out. So the only option is that people sell the mission vehicles and then buy new one to keep? same with map spawned vehicles

1 person likes this

yup... i found out. So the only option is that people sell the mission vehicles and then buy new one to keep? same with map spawned vehicles

That is correct.

Advertisement