Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aggro

Arma 3 crash

Question

I am getting frequent arma 3 crashes, I am pretty sure its to do with Map addon maybe since the newer arma 3 update, so it crashes the server and or clients from time to time, It happened to me playing Taviana, Essker and Sahrani also had the server crash with similar error when hosting those maps.

Anyone have any idea what can be done to fix this? It happens in the middle of playing not only when exiting .

Capture.thumb.GIF.fa2a731a3aedefaa8c3833

14 answers to this question

It happens every time player dies and aborts out to lobby in order to spawn again, this the first error message which is then followed by the screen shot posted above, this is the client crash.

Would really appreciate your help

Capture1.GIF

Advertisement

1. Go to your steam folder on your HDD, and set arma3.exe and arma3launcher.exe to run as administrator.

eQfUNJQ.png

Right click the file > property > compatibility > run as admin

2. Go to your steam settings for arma 3, and add -malloc=system to your launch parameters.

cEg93k7.png 

3. Make sure you don't have anything related to your memory checked in your advanced settings in the arma 3 launcher, especially in the malloc box, or any other -malloc in the "par" box.

IT2JJi7.png

Now try to connect :P

This was posted in a forum by a member of the ATD community, hope it works for you.

Edited by Boothy
1 person likes this

OK it hasnt happened in game yet, but happened again when done playing and exiting arma 3. I will keep you updated here.

Nope the crashes continue to happen randomly when I am connected to a server, any ideas why?

Not sure this will help but, well, misery loves company...

I've experienced crashes in Arma 3 (1.50) while using Exile but only when using "custom" maps  -  the game will simply freeze, ambient sound can still be heard but the game is locked up hard. ALT-TAB leads to a black screen, CTRL-ALT-DEL and the task manager reports all is well. Very annoying.

As mentioned, it was a custom map with caused me a problem, there's a reference to CPE 0,0,0 something or the other (from memory) in the RPT log. I suspect it's something to do with a cobbled together Esseker mission which did work (zombies and loot spawning) but had this issue.

I get the same error randomly as well as several othe rplayers on the same server.

At one time... about 4 of us all got it at exactly the same time.

I am starting to think this is not a client issue.  When four players (myself included) got it all at the exact same time it's getting obvious it's a mod issue or how the mod is interacting with Arma 3.

We are playing on Altis.. No alterations to the map at all and just some missions running.

I have completely cleaned out my parameters in the Arma launcher as well as A3 launcher.. I have nothing for start up parameters.

Edited by Brez

Happens in Altis too! interesting. Is there anyway you can find if the server parameters have :  -malloc=system ??

Advertisement