Potatoskin

Building issues in 9.3

5 posts in this topic

So I played on a few servers and they said they were changing to an epoch server due to building issues in the latest Exile build.  I didn't have a chance to see what building issues they were having, but I installed a 9.3 server without any mods and I didn't have any major issue with building.  My friend and I did notice that we were taking damage from building.  Not a lot of damage, but over a couple hours I took about 25% damage loss.  Has this always occurred while building or is it only in the recent 9.3 build?

some people were complaining about stairs glitching them out and killing them.  I've never had wood walls or upgraded walls killing me or do damage to me over a period of time.  I've built small bases on multiple servers testing out the buildings mechanics.  The building mechanics are pretty good. not perfect but better than A2/Epoch.  I haven't tried building on EPOCH/A3 servers.  Not a fan of where they took the mod too.

Advertisement

some people were complaining about stairs glitching them out and killing them.  I've never had wood walls or upgraded walls killing me or do damage to me over a period of time.  I've built small bases on multiple servers testing out the buildings mechanics.  The building mechanics are pretty good. not perfect but better than A2/Epoch.  I haven't tried building on EPOCH/A3 servers.  Not a fan of where they took the mod too.

What happens with the stairs some times is when you come down them velocity gets set on your character so if that happens and you run straight down the stairs into a wood wall, you basically get the same effect as crashing a car into a wall at 200, dead

I never had this issue and we are running 9.3 aswell. I would just search for an orther server.

ran into the stair issue last night. Going up the stairs I just magically started sinking while the damage kept growing. Killed me in about 2 seconds. Also I was getting "Kicked" by, I think, Battleye for trying to delete a vehicle when I placed items on a build.

Advertisement