Aggro

Feeback

21 posts in this topic

I think this mod would be more fun if:

1. We get reward for killing a player or a clan , kill clan but you can't steal his money or vehicle because its locked, if money and vehicle unlock was something physical they had to carry it would be both intense for the player when moving around and very rewarding for the attacker  .

2. Having money on you safe at all time even after death is not fun. Making use of ATM in the game would be more fun,  after all inimate should .

3. The game still lacks survival key element , I feel character lacks temperature effect, tiredness, illness etc . I would rather have blood level system than health point system. blood types, blood bags (that requires visits to hospital/medical locations)

4. introducing CPR device with some chance of success would encourage team/group play .. something like this ... http://www.lucas-cpr.com/

5. What happened to leg breaks. cuts , healing, bandaging .. having to crawl your way to someone because they can fix you up or waiting for help. instead of just killing yourself everytime you take damage because its easier!

6. More killing = more respect , what if inmate have learnt their lesson and he is going about his way wanting to help, heal , trade with others basically be passive , no reward! I feel there should be a reward for respect and something else , both would have have direct impact of the building system..

7. Finally more crafting recipes please .. 

PVP mod please don't forget, while some of your features are nice. Some just affect gameplay to much and actually draw away from this being a PVP centered mod. Respect is also just not from killing, most people have gotten large amount of respect from the 10% respect per poptab sold. 10k poptabs of gear/vehicles sold to the trader is 1k respect

Advertisement

It is still advertised as a survival game though, and these elements help support PvP. I dont think the game needs to make it too tedious but the inclusion of a food/drink system and hopefully improvements to the medical system will mean survival elements based around those (as well as some base building modules) would be a very welcome addition. 

Edited by Boxman80

PVP mod please don't forget, while some of your features are nice. Some just affect gameplay to much and actually draw away from this being a PVP centered mod. Respect is also just not from killing, most people have gotten large amount of respect from the 10% respect per poptab sold. 10k poptabs of gear/vehicles sold to the trader is 1k respect

I don't know how my ideas above make this game less PvP for you, the game is advertised as survival , if you want PvP only you go play cod or BF after all you dont have to loot for drink and food (basic survival stuff), the point is my recommendation will not change your style of play if you choose to play PvP!! in fact in most cases it will encourage it, while bringing more more players to play should they choose to play passive or aggressive the point is it will be a player choice in a survival world.

So lets say if the game allowed you to carry a key for your vehicle and physical money that can be looted, do you not think this would encourage more PvP kind of style? right now its pointless to be good hearted kinda player just as it is when killing a clan with locked vehicles and 10,000 poptabs safe in their account at all times!

Hero vs Bandit, good vs bad it will not take away PvP at all, it would make it all more worth a while just as Bandits enjoy killing players , Hero's/Bambi enjoy defending themselves or get sense of reward out of the game if there were perks and achievements to get out of it. That's my point, I personally prefer the bandit style! but really miss those friendly Hero guys to pick on..

Edited by Aggro

I found it!! the perfect medical system idea ACE 3 you can heal players by the part of the body that is injured. also they have lock by key for vehicles, if exile implement similar ideas to this it would awesome!

Edited by Aggro

I don't know how my ideas above make this game less PvP for you, the game is advertised as survival , if you want PvP only you go play cod or BF after all you dont have to loot for drink and food (basic survival stuff), the point is my recommendation will not change your style of play if you choose to play PvP!! in fact in most cases it will encourage it, while bringing more more players to play should they choose to play passive or aggressive the point is it will be a player choice in a survival world.

So lets say if the game allowed you to carry a key for your vehicle and physical money that can be looted, do you not think this would encourage more PvP kind of style? right now its pointless to be good hearted kinda player just as it is when killing a clan with locked vehicles and 10,000 poptabs safe in their account at all times!

Hero vs Bandit, good vs bad it will not take away PvP at all, it would make it all more worth a while just as Bandits enjoy killing players , Hero's/Bambi enjoy defending themselves or get sense of reward out of the game if there were perks and achievements to get out of it. That's my point, I personally prefer the bandit style! but really miss those friendly Hero guys to pick on..

Hero VS Bandit never worked in DayZ from the second it was implemented, was a massively flawed system and was such abused as. Just because someone has a certain type of skin doesn't automatically mean that player is going be *good* or *friendly*. It's a players choice to how they want to play, shouldn't be forced or incentified to play a particular style, if you don't want to shoot people you don't have to, if you wan't too shoot everyone you meet you can and thats why it works.

I found it!! the perfect medical system idea ACE 3 you can heal players by the part of the body that is injured. also they have lock by key for vehicles, if exile implement similar ideas to this it would awesome!

Making the medical system stupidly complicated just confuses or annoys people, while I agree it needs tweaked it doesn't need to be over-complicated. As for keys, they caused issues back in Epoch Arma 2 and a massive headache for server admins. It's the reason Epoch themselves dropped it in Arma 3 

It worked perfectly fine for me and everyone I played with, it was great incentive for everyone and a reason to play more because you wanted the skin, the reputation , you are defo one of the minority in that you didn't enjoy dayz or dayz epoch system, if you compare number of players in arma 2 dayz /epoch vs arma 3 epoch or exile you will realize how much more popular that system is and still is being played by large number of players even though arma 2 is outdated now.

I really do read between the lines and say it again if you find ACE 3 mod over complicated and you are worried it becomes too complicated then exile and epoch are  defo not your game style, there are a number of first person shooter games and mods that fit what you are describing that are  not a survival game play, exile and epoch are both advertised as survival open world games. I feel what you are looking for in game play that suites your style are cod, BF4, or king of the hill /wasteland , those are not survival games those are full on PvP.

I don't know if you are / were server admin but I am of both A2 and A3, and not having SQL knowledge would make an easy task such as vehicle keys hard. I found it extremely easy to manage intact I had zero issues with vehicle keys in my arma 2 server, so I don't know anything about the headaches you are talking about, there were sure enough server admins out there competing with me so they can't have found it too hard either.

Now you say that is the reason epoch dropped the keys because it was headache for very few server admins, lets say if that is true even though I am pretty sure it isn't , look at what happened to A3 epoch fan base, the number of servers, it's dying game right now, because it lacks that survival feel to it, there was huge interest in epoch mod when it came out in arma 3 and now slowly going if not gone.

If exile only offer one style of game play PvP only then this mod would also survive for few months before everyone turns back to king of the hill and  wasteland the real PvP mods of Arma 3.

To summarize my opinion without more survival feel and better system exile will turn into a slow paced king of the hill with the ability to build base, and I for one would much rather play king of the hill if I feel like PvP and shooting just about anyone. 

Edited by Aggro

Exile Dev team great job so far but please add more SURVIVAL feel to this mod ...

It worked perfectly fine for me and everyone I played with, it was great incentive for everyone and a reason to play more because you wanted the skin, the reputation , you are defo one of the minority in that you didn't enjoy dayz or dayz epoch system, if you compare number of players in arma 2 dayz /epoch vs arma 3 epoch or exile you will realize how much more popular that system is and still is being played by large number of players even though arma 2 is outdated now.

I really do read between the lines and say it again if you find ACE 3 mod over complicated and you are worried it becomes too complicated then exile and epoch are  defo not your game style, there are a number of first person shooter games and mods that fit what you are describing that are  not a survival game play, exile and epoch are both advertised as survival open world games. I feel what you are looking for in game play that suites your style are cod, BF4, or king of the hill /wasteland , those are not survival games those are full on PvP.

I don't know if you are / were server admin but I am of both A2 and A3, and not having SQL knowledge would make an easy task such as vehicle keys hard. I found it extremely easy to manage intact I had zero issues with vehicle keys in my arma 2 server, so I don't know anything about the headaches you are talking about, there were sure enough server admins out there competing with me so they can't have found it too hard either.

Now you say that is the reason epoch dropped the keys because it was headache for very few server admins, lets say if that is true even though I am pretty sure it isn't , look at what happened to A3 epoch fan base, the number of servers, it's dying game right now, because it lacks that survival feel to it, there was huge interest in epoch mod when it came out in arma 3 and now slowly going if not gone.

If exile only offer one style of game play PvP only then this mod would also survive for few months before everyone turns back to king of the hill and  wasteland the real PvP mods of Arma 3.

To summarize my opinion without more survival feel and better system exile will turn into a slow paced king of the hill with the ability to build base, and I for one would much rather play king of the hill if I feel like PvP and shooting just about anyone. 

I think you will find Arma 2 is on its last legs when its come to DayZ based mods, as for the *humanity system* its not more popular its just always been a game feature in DayZ mods and never removed and an alternative has never been offered. The Respect system is similar system in many ways, but doesn't penalize or punish players for any particular playstyle.

Its a PVP mod I don't understand how people keep missing this, from the way the UI and HUD are designed to the reward for killing people and KILLSTREAKS. You can SPAWN in a town and have PVP all day if you want and quite a large majority of the community do this. Sit in one of the spawn towns and either kill over and over or get killed. Should it have a few more Survival bases elements, yes- should it go over the top? No, because at the end of the day most people are here because its shown as a polished PVP mod. But half the suggestions that make it more survival based just give you less incentive to actually leave your base.

The Survival aspect is food/drink and don't get shot. People struggle to even eat in this game without having to ask the devs stupid questions on the forums (which would be fixed with the wiki back up ASAP) so what do you think adding an over the top not needed medical system is going do? 

Keys are a headache for admins because people lose them all the time, and when they lose them who is the first person they go to for help/spam? The admins. It was a messy system and keys got lost constantly due to bugs or just being misplaced. As for Epoch, it has gone down hill due to fact there development has slowed down so much because there entire team put everything on winning MAKE ARMA NOT WAR which failed and thus quite alot of the team left, they had plenty of hype to start of with but didn't capitalize on it.

Edited by Rangecreed

Advertisement