Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tereith2050

Steam ticket failed - null

Question

My friend played on our server when suddenly his game crashes while he was driving. Now when he's trying to return to the server the game just goes to a grey screen and it crashes on him??? what is going on. 

7 answers to this question

Seems like a problem with Arma / Steam. Nothing where we can help with :( If Arma keeps on crashing, please report to the Arma 3 Feedback tracker. If Steam complains about ticket problems, try restarting Steam.

we'll report it to Arma 3. :) thanks and keep up the good work with the mod. You've done a fantastic piece of work. 

Advertisement

Steam Ticket - NULL is when the client, aka your friend, has a packet drop in his connection and that packet is a steam(ing pile of..) packet..

Basically he had a "brown out" on his connection to steam and it dropped him. It happens alot on all A3 games/mods.

Your friend is getting the Steam ticket error because he is forcing to close Arma and the connection to the server fails ofc. The problem is not Arma related. It must have something to do with the mod (or at least with the combination of Arma/Exile). Me and my friend tried to join Exile servers. I could play for a few minutes until Arma freezes and has to be force-closed through taskmanager. My friend had the problem from the beginning. We both played fine with Exile version 9.20.

No changes were made since then except the update of Exile. Tried different GPU drivers (beta/stable) as well (he has Nvidia, I have AMD). Tried verifying Arma and so on. Other mods I tried (BR, Epoch) and missions work fine.

When I force close the game I get either timed out or steam ticket failed... It depends whoever (steam or my end) sends the last info to the server. But it is not related to the actual problem - the freezes of the game/mod as stated by OP and me.

Your friend is getting the Steam ticket error because he is forcing to close Arma and the connection to the server fails ofc. The problem is not Arma related. It must have something to do with the mod (or at least with the combination of Arma/Exile). Me and my friend tried to join Exile servers. I could play for a few minutes until Arma freezes and has to be force-closed through taskmanager. My friend had the problem from the beginning. We both played fine with Exile version 9.20.

No changes were made since then except the update of Exile. Tried different GPU drivers (beta/stable) as well (he has Nvidia, I have AMD). Tried verifying Arma and so on. Other mods I tried (BR, Epoch) and missions work fine.

This happens when the steam connection to you craps out. Its not server or mod related or arma related...or having to force close Arma.

Your problem is related to a multitude of issues, first things first I would verify Arma and all your mods...or if you have done that as you staterd...removed Exiole and get a fresh version. If it was related to Server and mods you would be kicked for Battleye client stopped responding...completely different thing. Downside is you don't see it as your already booted off the server by the time that gets reported in game.

It is the connection between you and steam that causes steam ticket null error. The reason you don't see it in other steam library games, IE CS:GO etc, is because the server doesn't report the same way or even show these errors, but if you get booted from a CS:GO server or something like if it reported you would see the same problem...steam ticket null.

Advertisement