InsaneCookie

Top 3 Recommendations

9 posts in this topic

Hey so here are my recommendations for the mod in the future.

1. Work with other mod makers to bring other packs into the exile mod. These include mods such as CUP weapons mod, MAS vehicles mod and Ryan's zombies and demons mod. It would be great if these all came with the mod just to make downloading and updating easier.

2. Make exile downloadable on the steam workshop. This would be great as then the mod could update much easier for me as a I have to redownload it every time there is an update available. If it were on the steam workshop then it would update at the press of a button. I know many people use Arma 3 launcher but for me I find that there aren't enough seeders and therefore I download manually.

3. Fix the loot spawn system. I'm not sure if this was specific to one server that I play on but loot spawning seemed a bit buggy. I often had to wait outside buildings for about 5 minutes waiting for loot to actually spawn. Again I'm not sure why this was but if this is a known exile issue could it please be fixed.

Thank you for making an awesome mod and I hope you will look over these and maybe implement them in the future. 

Edited by InsaneCookie

1. It's better to split mods up. Not everybody wants to download 30gb if they only need 200mb. 

2. Everything you upload to steam workshop is from gabben.

3. Loot spawn works fine. This is server sided.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

2. Make exile downloadable on the steam workshop. This would be great as then the mod could update much easier for me as a I have to redownload it every time there is an update available. If it were on the steam workshop then it would update at the press of a button. I know many people use Arma 3 launcher but for me I find that there aren't enough seeders and therefore I download manually.

Really? Myself is hosting the torrent file from A3Launcher with 2 nodes both 100mbit, and I know there is plenty of others hosting the torrent at highspeed as well. My DL rate on the torrent is 9,4 mb/s, so that's bullshit to be honest. 

Really? Myself is hosting the torrent file from A3Launcher with 2 nodes both 100mbit, and I know there is plenty of others hosting the torrent at highspeed as well. My DL rate on the torrent is 9,4 mb/s, so that's bullshit to be honest. 

same here, the myth that "force http better hurr" is correct is quite widespread, however for me personally i struggle to get 100KB/sec with force http on and 5MB/sec with it off, i think the difference is ISPs that throttle torrents, really..

Sadly not ka0s, also tried via A3Launcher and it was fking slow... 100-200kb/s 

Edit: And it couldn´t recognize the mods which were installed correctly. Gave me a "corrupted" everytime and if I pressed verify it loaded the whole mod new. Pretty annoying, destroyed some of my mods so I had to redownload them.

But if you search in this forum, Mr.White set up a FTP server where all common mods can be downloaded. Speedlimit was 100MB/s I think.

The thing with the workshop is like Inactive said: Technically everything in there belongs to Valve.

Edited by Snacklemore
Edith

Sadly not ka0s, also tried via A3Launcher and it was fking slow... 100-200kb/s 

But if you search in this forum, Mr.White set up a FTP server where all common mods can be downloaded. Speedlimit was 100MB/s I think.

The thing with the workshop is like Inactive said: Technically everything in there belongs to Valve.

Then it's ISP routing issue, most likely. But I'm not using A3Launcher myself, since I barely get 100 kb/s, however if you download the torrent directly, you get full throttle, so could be something in A3Launcher that's limiting the speed. 

Then the only alternative is to download from Mr White's FTP or my Dropbox Repository (see link in signature). 

I dowloaded the RHS mods with µTorrent, got about 6.6MB/s . So it is not my ISP.

Edited by Snacklemore
ISP Name

I dowloaded the RHS mods with µTorrent, got about 6.6MB/s . So it is not my ISP.

Can still easily be your ISP routing, depends in which countries the torrent is hosted, and how good your ISP's routing is to that country. 

Try and insert this URL directly to your uTorrent client; http://cdn.launcher.eu/a3launcher/exile/0.9.35/%40Exile-1444328648.torrent and see if it does any difference ;)

Incredible 80kb/s in µTorrent with the link you provided. 

Seems to be the ISP routing.

Edit: Jumped to 600kb/s.

Edited by Snacklemore

Advertisement