Pepper

I am ashamed of myself

Question

I've always been an admin or some other type of support staff for servers but this time I've been asked to be the head admin for my groups exile server. I was essentially handed the server and told to 'crack on'

The server is hosted on GTXgaming and has been updated to 0.9.35 Nectarine

A few problems I have noticed is that firstly the random AI missions are not running, essentially the server runs with just the players and the safe zone NPC's. 

The status bar on the bottom of the screen displaying the player stats, tabs, health ect is not showing. 

Players when trying to repair a vehicle were kicked by Battleye. 

There are a lot of similar smaller problems of which they are probably my fault or I havnt enable them or something. 

The biggest problem I'm having right now is I keep getting a Battleye Script Restriction #25 which freezes my game on the loading screen. I checked the script log and it reads 

#25 "r diag_tickTime;};
	BE_WHITE_LIST_ME = nil;
	_AHKickOFF = compileFinal '
		sleep 0.1;
		(findDisplay 46)closeDisplay 0;
		if(!is"

If anyone can help with any or even with all of these problems I'd be grateful. 

8 answers to this question

Fixed....

Seems when I updated I left some of the previous files in place and they was conflicting with the new ones. 

What were they?  I am having the same issue. Only have DMS, VEMF and infiSTAR installed through Vilayer.

Edit: Never had this issue with updating before.

Edited by DrauL

Advertisement

For me the two main ones were the configs from the previous version. on upgrading I didn't fully remove 0.9.34 before installing 35b.

All I did was fully uninstall both the client and server mods from my server ensuring it was rolled back to a vanilla server then simply installed 0.9.35b and infistar. I was concerned that all player data and progress would be lost but the database stayed as is and after a quick restart nobody knew any different. 

Edited by Pepper

What were they?  I am having the same issue. Only have DMS, VEMF and infiSTAR installed through Vilayer.

Edit: Never had this issue with updating before.

DrauL, the BattlEye kick was because the battlEye filters were not the ones from infiSTAR. Exile releases their own that work with each update, then infiSTAR has to take them, add in the stuff that will allow his scripts to run, and then include them in an update. Everytime you update with a host, they normally will replace your filters with the ones for Exile for you, so just be wary of that. 

infiSTAR has to take them, add in the stuff that will allow his scripts to run, and then include them in an update.

I haven't seen any new updates from Chris, anyone know if he released one?

I haven't seen any new updates from Chris, anyone know if he released one?

Sorry for the delay.

All of his updates go through update.infistar.de now. You have to log into your steam account and then follow the steps. You won't be receiving any more update via email now.

Would anyone be will to talk me through installing infistar on my server. I've tried but I just get too confused. any help would be appricated

Would anyone be will to talk me through installing infistar on my server. I've tried but I just get too confused. any help would be appricated

Read the instructions that come with it. ;)

Advertisement