Tobias Solem

Random start time

Random start time   23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a (configurable) random start time setting?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

The time-setting server-side requires you to set either a time acceleration multiplier and a start time. This means that the time on a server is static, every time the server reboots it resets to the same start time and multiplier.  A server can set so that the server ALWAYS has daytime for example.

I suggest that you add a similar array as the weather system array, so that the admins can choose whether to have this system, or have a series of different starting times, so that you could have different starting hours between restarts. This adds some variety to the players for those that want it, and it would be configurable so those that do not want the feature could still have their static time.

2 people like this

On 10/11/2015 at 11:15 PM, Tobias Solem said:

The time-setting server-side requires you to set either a time acceleration multiplier and a start time. This means that the time on a server is static, every time the server reboots it resets to the same start time and multiplier.  A server can set so that the server ALWAYS has daytime for example.

I suggest that you add a similar array as the weather system array, so that the admins can choose whether to have this system, or have a series of different starting times, so that you could have different starting hours between restarts. This adds some variety to the players for those that want it, and it would be configurable so those that do not want the feature could still have their static time.

Oh hell yes please!

Advertisement

IT would also be great to have an option for time continuity.  That is, a server comes back online with the same time it had when it restarted.

3 people like this

6 hours ago, speedweasel said:

IT would also be great to have an option for time continuity.  That is, a server comes back online with the same time it had when it restarted.

That would make for some interesting gameplay possibilities. Imagine tying a mission system into what happens on certain days (for example). Exile Storymode yo?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edited by Tobias Solem
1 person likes this

I've already change this on my server, the game can start at 5h15am, 9h30am, or 15h00pm. I've also set it to the day is actual day ex: it's 04/10/2016 on my server it's 04/10/2039, it's for a variety of sun(or moon) position. But now (with the temp system), I need to set temp every month for a game logic.

I think it would be nice if all of this setting were in "exile_server_config.pbo" or in config.cpp of mpmissions.

1 person likes this

Seems kind of pointless all the time vote day/night is a thing... most players will only play if it's day time.

Advertisement