Mario.Bobo39

Taviana Sector B

11 posts in this topic

Colleges , tell me how to implement the Sector B on the events Exile. Actually I need to spawn bots and several crates with loot on Sector B each server restart . I saw that it is implemented on some servers with the Taviana map , but did not find any information on the forum how to setup it on the server side . Thanks in advance and sorry for my english .

Very difficult for anyone that spent time creating their own sector B will be willing to share., hence u can do some work on map editor and use AI script with static position over there which will be the best of you have no clue how to do it.

GL mate! 

Advertisement

Very difficult for anyone that spent time creating their own sector B will be willing to share., hence u can do some work on map editor and use AI script with static position over there which will be the best of you have no clue how to do it.

GL mate! 

Thank you for not passed this topic. I will try to do it myself.

Thank you for not passed this topic. I will try to do it myself.

This is a good way to populate the island quickly and it works. I have tried it one and Exile test server and it works well... The same framework is used by a lot of the milsim servers like Invade & Annex and Patrol Ops. Really easy to use, just place some markers with the editor and then assign what type and how many AI you wish to spawn when a person nears the trigger zone.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20262

-CJ-

This is a good way to populate the island quickly and it works. I have tried it one and Exile test server and it works well... The same framework is used by a lot of the milsim servers like Invade & Annex and Patrol Ops. Really easy to use, just place some markers with the editor and then assign what type and how many AI you wish to spawn when a person nears the trigger zone.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20262

-CJ-

This is what I have been looking for. Will it randomly pick a marker to spawn something 

This is what I have been looking for. Will it randomly pick a marker to spawn something 

You must load your mission into the editor and manually place the makers around  Sector B. Once markers are placed and named, you then assign unit types to the marker, set a trigger radius and those units will spawn once a player enter the trigger radius. Save your mission with the markers added and then there is a file call OpenMe.sqf, where you place the lines of code to call the units to each marker, by name. Really easy once you try it.

You would create one or more lines of code like this for each marker.

Here's a few lines that I had on a test server not long ago when I tried it on Exile. It does work since it's an Arma3 script.

null = [["EOSinf_1","EOSinf_2"],[3,1],[2,3,75],[0,0],[0],[0],[0,0],[0,1,800,EAST,TRUE]] call EOS_Spawn;
null = [["EOSmot_1","EOSmot_2"],[0,0],[0,0],[3,1,90],[2,60],[0],[1,0,90],[0,1,800,EAST,FALSE]] call EOS_Spawn;
null = [["BAS_zone_1"],[0,1],[0,2],[0],[1,2],[0,1,EAST,TRUE],[0,2,120,TRUE,FALSE]] call Bastion_Spawn;
null = [["EOS_Telos"],[3,1],[2,1,75],[0,0],[0],[0],[1,0],[0,1,800,EAST,TRUE]] call EOS_Spawn;
null = [["EOS_MilHill"],[3,1],[2,1,75],[1,2],[0],[0],[0,0],[0,1,800,EAST,TRUE]] call EOS_Spawn;
null = [["EOS_pyrgos"],[3,1],[2,1,75],[1,2],[0],[0],[0,0],[0,1,800,EAST,TRUE]] call EOS_Spawn;
null = [["EOS_AFMil"],[2,1],[2,1],[1,2,30],[0],[0],[0,0],[0,1,500,EAST]] call EOS_Spawn;
null = [["EOS_kavalaCastle"],[2,1],[3,1],[0,0],[0],[0],[0,0],0,1,700,EAST]] call EOS_Spawn;

Units spawn when a player enters the trigger radius and despawn when all players leave the trigger radius so the server is not bogged down by a lot of AI on the island.

-CJ-

2015-10-15_19-19-31.jpg

Edited by -CJ-

There is another option that you can use as well called "bastion". With this, you could even force those who took the island to hold it against multiple waves of defenders. Many of the milsim servers use this framework rather effectively.

I will be glad to help you with your mission if you require it.

-CJ-

Edited by -CJ-

Nice a script it works fine when testing but once deployed to the server my trader zones vanished and the ai killed each other any suggestions? I can post my mission sqf when I get home if that helps

pack eos into a pbo , put it in server addons , and make sure the init call is in this section.=) 

if (isServer) then
    {
    //EOS SYSTEM
    execVM "eos\OpenMe.sqf";
    }

The easiest way is to use DMS and set Sector B as the location for the static AI base.

2 people like this

Advertisement