[COI]Naaaath

Server Restarting Issue

Question

Hello,

I have had my server running for a few days now, I am using Moore's BAT restart script and it launches the server once the restart cycle has been completed. I have just watched it and the server started up, locked itself and then it never unlocked. Does anyone know of a fix to solve this? What's the best method to restart the server automatically and a reliable way?

1 person likes this

10 answers to this question

Hello, firstly I'd like to say thank you for using my restart system :D. What seems to be happening, if I follow you right, is the server restarts fine, but doesn't shutdown and remains locked? Few possible issues that I can think of. First of all, you could have made a mistake installing your mission sided custom RCon thread file. Double check to ensure you did so correctly, then double check that your server config is set properly with the restart time and lock time. Once you've done please answer back. If the issue persists please include screenshots or your code.

Hello, firstly I'd like to say thank you for using my restart system :D. What seems to be happening, if I follow you right, is the server restarts fine, but doesn't shutdown and remains locked? Few possible issues that I can think of. First of all, you could have made a mistake installing your mission sided custom RCon thread file. Double check to ensure you did so correctly, then double check that your server config is set properly with the restart time and lock time. Once you've done please answer back. If the issue persists please include screenshots or your code.

Well it was working fine at first and now it didn't even restart overnight, messages in game were showing for restart but it didn't execute. Here are my screenshots of the code (I've blanked out the RCON password)

5ce553a79415890ceb4da3bcc5780bbe.png

9d2209921b07b8d474b61ec88260c5e7.png

a6f1f87235f82277fe4933fae3126be9.png

Advertisement

I think i've just saw the problem! restartAutolock was set to 3, I will put it to 1 and see how it goes.

still no luck, during the day whilst I have teamviewer left open the server will restart. When I look back in the morning it hasn't restarted over night?

I know you're busy but would you mind taking a look? Is there a command I can use to simulate a restart time?

still no luck, during the day whilst I have teamviewer left open the server will restart. When I look back in the morning it hasn't restarted over night?

I know you're busy but would you mind taking a look? Is there a command I can use to simulate a restart time?

The parameter "restartAutoLock" defines when the server should execute #lock command to discourage further player connections. Should be at least 3 minutes. I'm running with 4 minutes. 

Remember to set serverPassword to the same as you have in server config, it's not RCON password FYI. (It sure sounds like that is the issue here.)

I'm pretty sure it's all set correctly apart from the restartAutoLock , I'm confused why it would work during the day when I'm on teamviewer but it fails over night. I'll have a look after my lecture.

The parameter "restartAutoLock" defines when the server should execute #lock command to discourage further player connections. Should be at least 3 minutes. I'm running with 4 minutes. 

Remember to set serverPassword to the same as you have in server config, it's not RCON password FYI. (It sure sounds like that is the issue here.)

It had a successful restart not long ago so it is working... It just seems to fail overnight.

Someone please help me with this, it's so unreliable :/ Sometimes it will restart and then sometimes it won't bother.

In your config.cpp file replace this line of code 

class CfgExileCustomCode 
{
};

With this

class CfgExileCustomCode 
{
	ExileServer_system_rcon_thread_check = "ExileServer_system_rcon_thread_check.sqf";
};

It will be about halfway down in the file. This instruction was in my tutorial. I would verify that you have followed the step-by-step tutorial correctly.

In your config.cpp file replace this line of code 

class CfgExileCustomCode 
{
};

With this

class CfgExileCustomCode 
{
	ExileServer_system_rcon_thread_check = "ExileServer_system_rcon_thread_check.sqf";
};

It will be about halfway down in the file. This instruction was in my tutorial. I would verify that you have followed the step-by-step tutorial correctly.

That's all set correctly, it seems to be issues when i'm offline overnight. It could be Windows Server 2008 issues?

Advertisement