Defent

DMS - Defent's Mission System

3016 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:24 PM, ILGMĀRS - ARMA.LV said:

hey guys, i am trying to build mission by using DMS in a custom location that is a fortress in ocean. for some reason arma's height coordinates start from the bottom of ocean (thats were we see 200m altitude). all is good but most of AI falls from the sky and dies (random ones) :smiley: . loot box position however is spot on, so i am guessing that height coordinates are correct. i used armas log position function to get coordinates.

attaching pastebin link for mission file. 

https://pastebin.com/jubrwfcE
Map is chernarus redux (south zagoria fall)

according to your coordinates they are spawning 170m in the air, check you are using the correct export mods, I use both @m3editor;@m3e_3den; (making sure to run in 32 bit full screen window or things tend to break) and check the heights again

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, red_ned said:

according to your coordinates they are spawning 170m in the air, check you are using the correct export mods, I use both @m3editor;@m3e_3den; (making sure to run in 32 bit full screen window or things tend to break) and check the heights again

thanks man, I was using default coordinates export tool from 3den

Advertisement
24 minutes ago, ILGMĀRS - ARMA.LV said:

thanks man, I was using default coordinates export tool from 3den

no worries, its all about relative height, some mods output height above sea level and some height above terrain, then some just come up with all sorts of weird crap. I found the m3editor SQF output to be most reliable for mission AI and stuff inside the mission file, but I use the m3e_3den output for objects and mapping as it uses the best positioning code and is really easy to use.

I used to only use m3editor but now, since the issues of interactive objects, I use the export all in m3e which you can use in the a3_custom or load during mission for bits n pieces

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, red_ned said:

no worries, its all about relative height, some mods output height above sea level and some height above terrain, then some just come up with all sorts of weird crap. I found the m3editor SQF output to be most reliable for mission AI and stuff inside the mission file, but I use the m3e_3den output for objects and mapping as it uses the best positioning code and is really easy to use.

I used to only use m3editor but now, since the issues of interactive objects, I use the export all in m3e which you can use in the a3_custom or load during mission for bits n pieces

that works like a charm. 
maybe u have some experience with dms?  I am trying to spawn 2 static missions at server restart ... if I set the timer between the missions short, then it spawns them as I want but upon completion quickly respawns the mission.

any ideas on how to achieve this?

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:30 AM, ILGMĀRS - ARMA.LV said:

that works like a charm. 
maybe u have some experience with dms?  I am trying to spawn 2 static missions at server restart ... if I set the timer between the missions short, then it spawns them as I want but upon completion quickly respawns the mission.

im not sure that DMS can spawn 2 missions on restart as default, I would have to look at the scripts to see if its possible

I am fairly experienced but always learning!

On 14.12.2017 at 10:30 AM, ILGMĀRS - ARMA.LV said:

that works like a charm. 

Hi,

check for

DMS_BanditMissionsOnServerStart / DMS_StaticMissionsOnServerStart in config.sqf

MrD

1 person likes this

Advertisement