Duetschbag

Vehicles and Zombies

Question

Hello. I'm fairly new to hosting ARMA servers, having only hosted a DayZ Overwatch server for a few friends and myself some time ago. I saw the Exile mod and thought it would be fun to play around with, so here we are. :)

I setup the server without issue, but because I'm not overly familiar with the Exile mod, I'm wondering if there should be vehicle spawns other than bikes? The server is only spawning pedal bikes currently. If this requires an additional mod, I'm open to recommendations.

The other part is that I wanted to add zombies to the server. I searched through this thread (http://www.exilemod.com/topic/191-exile-z-project-add-zombies-to-exile/?page=1) and also followed the instructions that are in the GitHub download but something must not be right. At first I thought it wasn't working at all. Then I walked into a town and spotted a single zombie. As it was moving around it would disappear, reappear, disappear again and repeat this process until it finally disappeared for good. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this before and what I could do to fix it?

I have many lines in my .rpt file that show up like this:

Client: Object 3:219 (type Type_126) not found.

Cannot create non-ai vehicle RyanZombieC_man_pilot_Fslow,

It seems my browser (or the forum) will not accept the 9,000+ lines that are in this log file. For the whole thing, please see it on Pastebin http://pastebin.com/0yVRazwf

10 answers to this question

I agree that the instructions are a little less than desirable considering there are various explanations. That being said, I think I was able to get a combination of the server side instructions and the instructions in the main zip file to work. I still have some weird nonsense with the zombies, but from what I read on the Zombies and Demons mod forum, they have fixed them in the latest release which was like a day or two ago. I will upgrade the mod and if that is successful, I'll rebuild my server again and document the installation method that I used to make them a little clearer for other users. It sounds like one of the other devs of the mod is going to be posting an updated video on how to use modules to play with the zombie AI and placement. Since I'm new to this sort of thing, that should be a really cool video.

Back to vehicles, I did verify that cars are working and even found a few random spawns out in the world. 

As far as the zombies go, I restarted the server and sometimes the zombie does not disappear. However, I can walk up to it and get in it's way and it doesn't care that I am there. After I kill it, it does seem to spawn another one somewhere in the city, but only one more.

Advertisement

Im assuming that youve configured this script to how you would like it, and also installed Ryans Zombies n Demons script server side also as that script is needed for everything to work. Also remember that Ryans Z+D script is also required client side too.

Also as for vehicle spawns I would suggest downloading the MAS weapons and vehicles mod or maybe use a mission system such as AXAI

Edited by Rebellion

Im assuming that youve configured this script to how you would like it, and also installed Ryans Zombies n Demons script server side also as that script is needed for everything to work. Also remember that Ryans Z+D script is also required client side too.

Also as for vehicle spawns I would suggest downloading the MAS weapons and vehicles mod or maybe use a mission system such as AXAI

Thank you for the response and the mod suggestion. I also realized you could buy vehicles at the traders on the map. My bad.

As for the zombies, I verified that things are working client side by connecting to other Exile/Zombie servers. Everything works as it should.

I rebuilt my server in hopes that maybe I screwed up on something and it would now be fixed. Zombies do appear, although very small in numbers. Sometimes they follow me, sometimes they walk right past me even though I shoot them in the leg. They also still disappear occasionally. So it seems that the mod is at least partially working.

I'm running the server on a box with an i7 3820 and 32GB of RAM so I don't think it would be a performance issue.

LOL Im one to talk to be honest...I gave you advice on making sure you have any mods needed in order for you to get yours working. Ive tried adding Ryans zombies to my server without success not even a single one appears. To be completely honest captain jacks explanation does not give detailed instructions on installing his mod. If a modder cant be bothered to sufficiently explain what you need to do when adding a mod - I cant be bothered to use it. Ive come across so many obstacles and im a seasoned modder. So if im suffereing issues, i can pretty damn well be sure there are many other people having issues too. Its not difficult to add an "instruction/installation" manual to a mod so that someone has minimal fuss when adding a mod to their server.

Hi there

I was wondering Mr Dawg whether youd be willing to inform me in a straightforward step by step way how to install the zombies and demons mod to my server? Its a GTX Gaming server by the way. I have  trawled the forums but cant find anything clear and concise to do with the install, the instructions on the github site seem total nonsense to be honest, I mean for a start "add the ZOM folder to etc",,,,well...there ISNT a ZOM folder unless im totally blind, anyway, I would really appreciate some patient assistance to help me learn if you can spare the time to reply. Don't worry about battleye restrictions, I turn battleye off anyway when testing new mods. Cheers

Hey mate

Appreciate your time. Ok, this is what ive done, downloaded @Ryanzombies and placed that in the root of my gtx gaming server with the addons and key folder etc inside it. Changed -mod to @Exile;@Ryanzombies;    (or should it be changed in -servermod to @A3XAI;@Ryanzombies;)    Taken ZOM folder from Spawner3.2 and put that inside my mission ExileAltis.pbo along with the init.

I go into the server using A3 launcher and think im been killed by zombies but I cant actually see them, but a few seconds after wandering round towns im getting hurt and killed. Not sure what ive done wrong, appreciate your thoughts on this, probably me been stupid but hey. One thought, ryanzombies in A3launcher is 2.8? and I think the downloaded version I have from github says 3.0?? could this be a conflict??

Thanks again

oh by the way I cant get into the server now either, says cannot play edit this mission etc

Ok ive gone back to stage one, took server back before I started messing and will start afresh

Edited by SventheBerserk

Sorry to be a pain, when you say at the top of the SQM, you you mean make those the first 2 lines? above everything else?

Hey,

really appreciate your help, im gonna accept defeat, server wont even start up now, I must be messing up the sqm commands, will just have to do without the zombies for now, maybe I will learn more and come back to this and go "ahh now I see"...again thanks for your time mate

all the best

Advertisement