Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
le sir

Code Lock Meta

Question

Hi,

I wanted to ask how you planned to handle this in the future - since you can basically code everything up, it is nearly useless to raid a base.

The base building is a key feature in this mod, but with code locks it makes them complete useless! Besides the fact, that you can purchase nearly everything in the trader zones and you dont have to store loot in your base, I dont understand why you can store loot in code locked containers or vehicles.

This results in base raiding only for destructive reasons, so not even a reason for the raided base owners to search for the thieves, because the raiders cannot steal anthing and the owners cannot steal anything back. The only reason for base raiding now is trolling or revenge. This also makes the complete base buliding obsolete, theres no reason to make good defendable base.

My suggestion: implement a Code Lock Hacking device. Make its default price very very expensive (like 10 times the code lock price) or even better, not purchaseable at all. Only findable by missions or something (very rare ofc). Let the device work like this: when used infront of a code lock, you get the display, and the device "runs" for 5-6 mins, then gets one of the 4 numbers, next 5-6 mins, you get second numer, until you have all 4. this would take about 15-20 min to hack one lock, and you cannot move during the process, which would make you depding on cover from your mates.

This would add a lot of thrill to the gameplay and would change the meta completely. Just imagine, you wouldnt even have to blow up doors, you could black ops style sneak in, even if the owners are online. And your base and how you build it would take more attention.

What do you think about this? Or do you have something like this already in mind?

Cheers,

le_sir

1 person likes this

1 answer to this question

Or do you have something like this already in mind?

Uhm.. this is already integrated. Please have a look at the "Thermal Scanner Pro" :)  

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0