Drewski

New Vehicle locking idea?

10 posts in this topic

Alright, hear me out on this.

After exiting a vehicle, don't let the option to lock it to appear immediately. Instead, have a timer to lock the vehicle (i.e. 10 seconds, more or less). This adds the risk of getting attacked by others while waiting to secure your vehicle. It also makes car jacking possible, and also gives loot a chance to spawn while waiting. The timer does not need to be long, and perhaps it could be adjustable by server owners. Even better, the timer could be canceled if the vehicle owner undergoes combat.

While I don't really like the idea of not being able to lock your vehicle if it's damaged, though I feel that the current system needs change.

My suggestion has its own flaws, but I feel the other mentioned system is a little harsh. It imposes that if my car bumps a bush and I lose my tires, that everything is open for window shoppers while I try to fetch duct tape.

Any ideas/suggestions to work off of this?

Edited by Drewski
Grammar

Advertisement

There are so many other ways to lose your stuff, i personally don't like this idea.  

If you want the car, just shoot them while they are driving... you now have full access to everything, you just have to be a better shot ;)

There are so many other ways to lose your stuff, i personally don't like this idea.  

If you want the car, just shoot them while they are driving... you now have full access to everything, you just have to be a better shot ;)

Not quite as much as you would believe. As it stands, the instant you hop out of your vehicle -- combat or not -- you can lock it up, preventing access to the vehicle. One of the ideas mentioned on these forums was to have a system where the vehicle cannot be locked if it is damaged. Like I said, I don't like the idea of my loot being jeopardized because my car hit an arma bush.

With my idea, you wouldn't need to stand next to your vehicle to wait for it to lock, you could just as easily go and hide in a building, or whatever else you may want to do. It adds a level of risk, and forces you to be RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR VEHICLE.

And when I can drop someone driving a strider from any other angle than dead-on, I'll make sure to tell you. Well, after I go to Vegas and spend the rest of my luck there. 

Edit was adding 'With my idea' to clarify what I was talking about.

Edited by Drewski

Would be kinda irritating to have to wait to lock up while towing vehicles to sell at the traders though.  I like to lock my vehicles, especially choppers, while at the trader so that no one jumps in and steals them.

Would be kinda irritating to have to wait to lock up while towing vehicles to sell at the traders though.  I like to lock my vehicles, especially choppers, while at the trader so that no one jumps in and steals them.

I understand that. Maybe in safe zones, this timer could be disabled. I was more or less focusing on the aspect of using this outside safe zones.

Not to mention the tons of people that forget to lock up!

Sorry, but you lost me on the relevance of your statement.

Advertisement