Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stipa

The point of exile

13 posts in this topic

I am playing exile now for about 5 days or so and 70% of what players do and what appears to me as the point of exile is pvp-ing/deathmatching on the spawn points. Does no one want debth, survival, base wars, objectives to fight for, awesome stories to play thru etc? I think there needs to be a change in the current spawn system or something, I don't have a perfect solution, maybe you can make the spawns random on the map? I'm sure someone is going to come up with an idea, but the deathmatch just gets just boring after 10 minutes, this mode has so much potentional why reduce it to a big spawn>get a weapon in 2 minutes>kill a few players>die>repeat when it can be so much more?

2 people like this

Buddy, we are still in process with this mod. It is all new - we are exhausted, but we will add new gameplay content in the next updates. Thank you for your toughts!

Edited by MrWhite
4 people like this

Advertisement

The spawn system is just wrong. A lot of things are wrong, but some wouldn't give too much trouble fixing them. For example, traders prices don't make the slightest sense. 

If a 5.56 costs 400, a Strider should cost no less than 40k. Selling prices should be between 1/7 and 1/10 of the buying price, instead of 1/2. A lot of stuff, especially high tier gear, should not be available on traders. Thermal scopes and UAV don't fit in a mod like this. Money and keys should be physical and not digital, so you could steal them (like in Epoch for ArmA 2). And so on...

Like it is now, it's just a glorified CoD and I'm afraid it's just going to get worse.

Edited by markes
1 person likes this

Buddy, we are still in process with this mod. It is all new - we are exhausted, but we will add new gameplay content in the next updates. Thank you for your toughts!

I understand MrWhite, I am just putting my thoughts on the forum to help the development and hear other players thoughts too. I love your work and I am really thankful to you for doing all you do especially because you are not doing it for profit or something similar, but for the community. This is actually the first Arma mod I have been so excited for and the first that inspired me to actually care for it and get active in its development and community. I fully understand you and apologies if that came out wrong just putting my thoughts based on my experience playing hoping to help. :)

2 people like this

Find a server with roaming AI, and missions, that will remove big part of the 'fragfest and repeat' issues.

Building a base, getting yourself 'comfortable' to survive for more than a couple hours at a time is the game I play.  I have been on a clean (newly wiped database) for about a week or so, i am just getting to the point where I can simply run missions and start some PVP wars... base raiding, following people, griefing.  I dont see a huge difference in gameplay from epoch.  But exile is so much more polished and clean compared to epoch. 

If that's your cup of tea thats cool too.. I doubt this is for everyone.

Try a server with lower population and roaming AI and missions. Should make your experience better.

I think there needs to be a change in the current spawn system or something, I don't have a perfect solution, maybe you can make the spawns random on the map? 

Server owners can add more spawn points, which then reduces the chance of being killed by a camper. They can also change how you spawn - ground, para or Halo

Thermal scopes and UAV don't fit in a mod like this.

Not sure I agree with this. it's a military game based 20 years in the future, so I'm sure thermal would be quite easy to come by. Besides, if the server owner sees fit, they can disable the thermal aspect of the sight.

Not sure I agree with this. it's a military game based 20 years in the future, so I'm sure thermal would be quite easy to come by.

Well, if you gonna go with the background story, we're talking about inmates in an isolated island. Not really sure how thermal scopes and high tech gear would be so easy to get.

Advertisement