Salmack

x52 issue

Question

Hello, I have started to use my Saitek x52 with Exile.  I do not use the Saitek program for any mappings, its all mapped in the game client.  All works perfectly in the editor, no issues at all.  However if I go into Exile and sit in a helicopter as the pilot and press escape, any number key or the / key it starts or stops my engine.  This is very disturbing and dangerous during flights.  I can not do a quick chat or add a player to party.  I have nothing mapped to use the engine on/off.  Besides you can not map/bind the escape key.  I am lost as to the problem and need your help to figure this out.  Its pointing to an Exile issue since it does not have this bug when in the A3 editor.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Salmack

2 answers to this question

i have the logictech 'extreme pro 3d' stick, does the same...

to MY knowledge, there is no fix for this - this is an arma issue

i don't have the exact same issue as you most likely due to key/joystick settings...BUT it will start the engine as you describe.

and even if this was fixed, once you try to chat, the JS is disabled ANYWAY....so you can/will crash, fly into things, etc.

for ME, i just find clear spot, engage autohover, THEN chat...works just fine...  :)

good luck!

:)

3 months to late but I would hazard a guess it's because of a special bound key for Exile itself that is causing an issue. Try playing on a vanilla server and see if this still happens. If it doesn't happen then you might want to look into the extra bound keys (there is a term for it but it slips my mind atm).

DELTA2ALPHA

Advertisement