E-N-E-R-G-Y

Car unlocking

Question

Hello so when ever i purchase a vehicle of know the code of my friends, i can not unlock or lock them, the lock or unlock display thing doesn't show when i first spawn into the server though, i can do it but it comes up then instantly disappears, then that's it i can not open up the code for the unlock and lock system again for cars. :?

Could someone possibly help me with this issue i'm currently having with the exile mod?

Much appreciated if there is help for me so this issue/problem/bug can be resolved for me :)

Regards,

6 answers to this question

use the 'custom key ONE' to set a FREE, NOT IN USE key for these actions

i use the 'u' key.  so now, i can walk up to a car/door/etc., and hit 'u' to lock/unlock.

this solves your issue.

remember, in your settings, use custom key ONE ONLY!  no restart is required!

:)

use the 'custom key ONE' to set a FREE, NOT IN USE key for these actions

i use the 'u' key.  so now, i can walk up to a car/door/etc., and hit 'u' to lock/unlock.

this solves your issue.

remember, in your settings, use custom key ONE ONLY!  no restart is required!

How do i do that, if i hold enter it works, i can do it but if i just click it once, then i need to relog to just be able to do the enter fix thing

Advertisement

energy, i am sorry, i do not understand what you are saying.

how do you do what?  configure your keys?

if you're wondering how to set, look at my other posts.  i go into detail on the setting of this key which is a user set/defined/operation - in other words, it is not some 'hack'.

I'm having the same problem. On a purchased car, the scroll option to either "lock" or "unlock" will for a split second bring up a keypad screen which disappears immediately. This keypad screen flash happens only once, the first time I try to lock or unlock, and it goes away far too quickly to do anything on it. Every time after that I try the scroll option to lock or unlock it does nothing, the keypad screen doesn't even flash up again.

I've tried setting "U" for custom key 1 as you indicated. Looking at an unlocked car and hitting the "U" key on my keyboard does nothing whatsoever. I went back into the control config and double-checked that custom key 1 is indeed set to "U". I also tried closing the game completely and coming back in to try it again, with the same lack of result.

My friend plays on the same server and he is able to use the scroll option to lock and unlock the same vehicles I have tried, and it works perfectly for him. So that rules out the problem being with the server, it's client-side.

I wish I had some idea of what else I might try to get lock/unlock to work. It really sucks not being able to lock or unlock vehicles.

EDIT:

OK, well, I just now tried moving around the car to the rear and hitting "U" with no real expectation for it to work since it didn't work earlier, and it worked this time. The keypad screen came up. I then tried the scroll option for lock and unlock and they work now too. They also work anywhere on the car.

I'm at a loss. I'll try to investigate further to figure out what is/was making it not work.

Edited by Janos

Had it happen again using the scroll "Lock" option on my car, with the keypad screen flashing up and disappearing.

Exited to lobby, then jumped back in. Switched to 3rd person as I usually do, scrolled and chose "Lock" at the back of the car, screen flashed up and away and then the scroll "lock" option and "U" key both did nothing as before.

Exited to lobby again, came back in, didn't switch to 3rd person, walked up to the back of the car and hit "U", it worked. Subsequently using the scroll lock/unlock option works as well.

Haven't nailed down the specific cause, but that might narrow it down. It also shows that exiting to lobby and jumping back in is enough to clear the problem, exiting the game completely isn't necessary.

i do not know what to tell you janos.

the UNBINDED key option is KNOWN to fail

the BINDED key option is known to WORK

as with epoch, sometimes stuff just does not work, a re-log fixes those issues.

the problem you mentioned is solved by assigning a key to the function - there is nothing more i can say.

Advertisement