Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Please add more default weapons/vehicles

5 posts in this topic

Some servers won't implement MAS weapons/vehicles because some players are noobs and don't know how to install them and the server population would go down,so the server owners will keep the exile vanilla mod.Could you devs please add more weapons and vehicles to the traders as default for the vanilla exile?

As I wrote to a post where a user asked for SMA 2.0 implementation in Exile:

Exile is open-source, and if you want to add extra features to Exile that isn't in Exile Core, you have to add them yourself, adding these things to Exile Core will increase the size of the mod a lot, and it has never been the developers plan to implement weapons etc, as previous stated it's open-source, and any developer can modify the code to their likings and requirements. 

Increasing the size of the mod may also cause users not to like the mod anymore, because it's suddenly 1 GB or whatever, because of mods, I know that I sure wouldn't download the mod then. 

All in all, if you want this, add it yourself or ask your server admin.

Advertisement

Dumb or oversensitive/dramatic players... you actually WANT them on other peoples servers, because they'd stir up more crap. MGT has it right on this point, they treat dumb people and drama queens just like they deserve.

In 3+ years of hosting Arma servers, players and player numbers respond better to less admin intervention, they tend to sort issues out amongst themselves/alliances/retaliations/trust etc

Also, adding extra mods is the sure fire guaranteed way to reduce your player numbers. Personally I would run hardcore, no 3dp, bare loot and A3 infantry type mods, but hey, I would have no players, no one wants an empty server right?

Edited by MGTDB
1 person likes this

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0