Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xrugged

Rollbacks

Question

Rollbacks are happing to vehicles and some other objects , yet its saving but sometimes it happens keeping in mind everything is setup correctly and the server is running like a charm, rollbacks happend after restart and scale from 20 minutes , 30 minutes , 12 minutes , 1 hour , before the server shutdown, i hope i can solve this or you guys do since its really not good for server owners.

12 answers to this question

my server is still on 0.9.19 , and no its on a 3 hour cycle , going to update today and see if 0.9.20 fixes it , im afraid it wont since devs didn't mention it.

tbh i did not know this was an issue lol.

let me know how things go

Rollbacks are happing to vehicles and some other objects , yet its saving but sometimes it happens keeping in mind everything is setup correctly and the server is running like a charm, rollbacks happend after restart and scale from 20 minutes , 30 minutes , 12 minutes , 1 hour , before the server shutdown, i hope i can solve this or you guys do since its really not good for server owners.

do you have your server on 4 hour cycles? also you having this issue on 0.9.20?

Advertisement

my server is still on 0.9.19 , and no its on a 3 hour cycle , going to update today and see if 0.9.20 fixes it , im afraid it wont since devs didn't mention it.

very annoying bug.

had a vehicle full of loot and had to run 3k to find it, only to find the vehicle empty of all contents.

very game breaking.

very annoying bug.

had a vehicle full of loot and had to run 3k to find it, only to find the vehicle empty of all contents.

very game breaking.

are you on 0.9.20 ?

Definitely the most game breaking bug at the moment. The rollbacks are very severe in some cases, ESPECIALLY if the server crashes. 

The rollbacks are quite easy to work-around, inform your users in the last minutes before restart, not to drive any vehicles or fly, and 3 minutes before actual restart, lock the server and kick all players, then it'll save everything just fine, I'm running 4hrs cycle right now, planning to expand once I'm done benchmarking with mods. 

The rollbacks are quite easy to work-around, inform your users in the last minutes before restart, not to drive any vehicles or fly, and 3 minutes before actual restart, lock the server and kick all players, then it'll save everything just fine, I'm running 4hrs cycle right now, planning to expand once I'm done benchmarking with mods. 

should not need to do this.

as a admin it is easy for me to find my vehicle, annoying when i have to tp around the map for players.

also players get pissed when their vehicle keeps warping across the map.

there needs to be a auto save to db when a player interacts with the vehicle or at-least a scroll option to save to db.

Edited by sandstorm
1 person likes this

Advertisement