xxcell

Base Building Questions

6 posts in this topic

Me and my friends are trying to build a base in the middle of an ocean. However, getting the flag up and first floor down is a bit of an issue because last I saw you can't place objects while swimming. Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

Also, does anyone know of a server that is meant for just test building bases?

Thanks,

Cell

I have a way to do this.... in theory.

You need the following.

1 strider * amphibious * ( this is what you will carry you base supplies in and is needed to plant pole etc )
1 little bird *benches are your friend ( you will need this to get your strider driver onto the roof of the strider )

Strider + 1st player drive across water to location you want to base build.
Exits the vehicle and waits for ..

Littlebird + 2nd player flies to 1st players position , lowers to 2meters and 1st player mounts the bench say left side.

little bird hovers with left bench just over middle of strider roof .. 1st player ejects from bench onto strider roof.

And now you build your water base.

Feel free to like my post O.P.    your welcome.

2 people like this

Advertisement

or simply place a flag while standing on a rock in the middle of the water and then after you equip your flag you can swim with your flag equip 20 meters from the rock before the flag dissapears. The Only problem with this theory though is that you can only build within 15 meters of your flag and the rock will be 20 for you to be able to construct your first floor. so i suggest setting a marker on the rock while you are on it and then placing a new marker where you are exactly at the 15m mark and then head back to the rock, equip your flag and then swim 14m to make sure you get it within the 15m radius. Then swim back to the rock and bring out the first plank and place. then place plank after plank until your reach your flag and then remove as you get closer (saving floors) Then build 15 out form your flag once you get there.  I would suggest clear weather as its quite hard to judge floors when its rocky an wavy but make sure you build a little higher then your originally thought as the water gets quite high in a storm. Hope this helps . if you need I can make a recording.

how to remove my base flag that i build..or can i give it to someone

Once you place your flag you cannot move or remove it.

Advertisement