TexasSkulls

HELP - infiSTAR and ACE3

3 posts in this topic

I'm working on integrating some elements of ACE3 into a development server running Exile.  I've completed most of the integration between ACE3 and Exile, but infiSTAR is now giving me some troubles.  I was hoping someone here might see something that I do not.

First off, the issue is that infiSTAR calls "(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers 'KeyDown';" near the bottom of EXILE_AT.sqf, which ends up removing the ACE3 event handler for its main interaction key, Left Windows.  To try and stop this, I removed only that line from EXILE_AT.sqf.  Understanding that just below that line, the line "if(!_handled)then{_handled = _this call ExileClient_gui_hud_event_onKeyDown;};" will call the default Exile 'KeyDown' EH, I then copied the ExileClient_gui_hud_event_hook.sqf file into my mission folder, and added the proper entry into config.cpp.  Finally, I commented out the line that adds the default Exile 'KeyDown' EH in that file.

In summary:

1. I stopped infiSTAR from calling "(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers 'KeyDown';"
  2. I stopped the Exile client addon from adding its default 'KeyDown' event handler

This worked, as I was then able to use all Exile and infiSTAR 'KeyDown' events, and the ACE3 interaction key worked again.  But, it also created a major problem: I now get major client-side FPS lag when pressing any key (or at least most noticeable when using WASD to move).

I tested all of this again but without CBA or ACE3 running, just a pure vanilla Exile / infiSTAR install except simply removing the line "(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers 'KeyDown';" from EXILE_AT.sqf and removing the event hook for 'KeyDown' from the Exile code, and I still experienced major client-side FPS lag.  Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

And literally as I post this I see the answer: the bottom segment of EXILE_AT.sqf is a loop that continually adds the new infiSTAR 'KeyDown' event handler until "diag_time - KeyBindsWorking > 25", so I'm probably left with having 50 new eventhandlers...

Any ideas on how to still properly add in the infiSTAR event handler, but without having to continually remove all event handlers in a loop?

I will chagne that in the next update :)

2 people like this

Advertisement