Akseone

Map porting.

7 posts in this topic

So after spending the last 4 hours trawling through the forum I cannot find anything that quite nearly tells me what I should be looking for to port exile to another map. The Australia post gave me some idea but I was hoping someone could provide me a checklist/things I need to change (and what if poss) to put exile on another map.

If someone could please help that would be awesome :)

Advertisement

Things to change for different terrains: 

First step is to debpo and derap the original mission.sqf, once thats done, make a copy of it and rename the folder to exile.ural

Also make a copy of the Exile.altis folder in your C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Arma 3\<profile name>\mpmissions\

I also highly recommend using notepad ++ with the language set to c ++ or w/e

mpmissions\Exile.Ural.pbo > mission.sqf

Alright, so here is the fun part, what you need to do is move everything from the altis terrain to your terrain. The mission file basically only has the spawn positions for players on debug island, as well as the map markers for spawn positions for exile. You can add or delete them as needed, however I would keep 100 spawn positions for players on debug island.

To easily move all 100 at the same time, what I do is depbo/derap the normal Exile.Altis.pbo, then load up arma and then you can edit that mission in mp, new server, the blue exile.altis, edit. Then select all of the players in debug island, control - c , then click the load button on the top right of the editor, then load a new editor for ural, then control v, move them into the position you want.  Now is a good time to throw down a couple markers as well for your spawn locations, just drop them down and name them whatever, it doesn't matter right now. Then save it as like playerpos.ural or whatever. If it complains abbout saving, double click one of the units and make it player and then it should save fine. exit arma. open up your playerpos.ural mission.sqm, and copy out the players, you then need to add or modify the line in each one so that it says player = "PLAY CDG"; under vehicle="Exile_Unit_GhostPlayer";   it should look like this:

class Item1
                {
                    position[]={65.380524,1.0128409,68.975586};
                    special="NONE";
                    id=1;
                    side="GUER";
                    vehicle="Exile_Unit_GhostPlayer";
                    player = "PLAY CDG";
                    skill=0.60000002;
                };
Then take those spawn markers you made and make sure their text reads             type = "ExileSpawnZone";
the text field here dictates what exile reads to players on the spawn menu.
they should look like this:
    class Markers
    {
        items = 2;
        class Item0
        {
            position[] = {672.06482,2.4739294,1190.9316};
            name = "SpawnWest";
            text = "West";
            type = "ExileSpawnZone";
        };
        class Item1
        {
            position[] = {1579.5419,0.98366308,1182.9945};
            name = "SpawnEast";
            text = "East";
            type = "ExileSpawnZone";
        };
    };

Moving on, mpmissions\Exile.Ural.pbo > initserver.sqf
remove, or comment out everthing inside objects, I commented out but left in the fs_feed in this code below in case you wanted to move it to a custom location, just remove the comment // from it
_objects =
[
 // ["Land_FuelStation_Feed_F",[14619.2,16895.9,0],255.909,0,0,false]
];
{
    private ["_object"];
    _object = (_x select 0) createVehicle [0,0,0];
    _object setDir (_x select 2);
    _object setPosATL (_x select 1);
    _object allowDamage false;
    _object enableSimulationGlobal false; // 
}
forEach _objects; [/code]

mpmissions\Exile.Ural.pbo > initplayerlocal.sqf

This file contains vendor locations. edit this to your preference for locations using the altis one as a template for the different vendors.
A very simple, working example is,
[code]
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Static Objects
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Taken away for now
//#include "initServer.sqf"
if (!hasInterface || isServer) exitWith {};
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Vehicle Trader
_trader =
[
    "Exile_Trader_Vehicle",
    "WhiteHead_11",
    ["InBaseMoves_repairVehicleKnl", "InBaseMoves_repairVehiclePne"],
    [1223.3412,922.10522,0.1000],
]
call ExileClient_object_trader_create;
_carWreck = "Land_Wreck_CarDismantled_F" createVehicleLocal [0,0,0];
_carWreck setDir 240.000;    
_carWreck setPosATL [1249.7024,912.00732,0.1000];
// Vehicle Customs Trader
[
    "Exile_Trader_VehicleCustoms",
    "WhiteHead_11",
    ["AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G01", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G02", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G03", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G04", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G05", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G06"],
    [1235.5564,922.2124,0.1000],
]
// Boat Trader
[
    "Exile_Trader_Boat",
    "WhiteHead_17",
    ["AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G01", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G02", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G03", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G04", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G05", "AidlPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_G06"],
    [1050.1572,1660.0099,0.1000],
]
// Waste Dump Trader
[
    "Exile_Trader_WasteDump",
    "GreekHead_A3_01",
    ["HubStandingUA_move1", "HubStandingUA_move2", "HubStandingUA_idle1", "HubStandingUA_idle2", "HubStandingUA_idle3"],
    [1161.932,798.41113,0.1000],
]
// Fast Food Trader
[
    "Exile_Trader_Food",
    "GreekHead_A3_01",
    [1303.9132,988.73401,0.1000],
]
/*
// Guard 01
[
    "Exile_Guard_01",
    "WhiteHead_17",
    ["InBaseMoves_patrolling1"],
    [14564.9,16923.4,0.00146294],
]
// Guard 02
[
    "Exile_Guard_02",
    "WhiteHead_03",
    ["InBaseMoves_patrolling2"],
    [14626.3,16834.6,4.72644],
]
// Guard 03
[
    "Exile_Guard_03",
    "AfricanHead_03",
    ["InBaseMoves_patrolling1"],
    [14577.1,16793.1,3.75118],
]
*/[/code]

This is where I would package up the mission file, upload it to the server, set my start variables for the server, ie -servermod=@exileserver -mod=@exile;@cups_terrains;@cups_utes (yes i use cups so what :P ) make sure u change mission to exile.ural.pbo in the server cfg as well.

obviously change yours to all in arma until cups releases on workshop. then launch it. If you get an error that says read from bank, then one of 3 things is happening: 1 your server is linux and some of your mod folders/files have capitals in them; 2 one of the mods you are loading requires another mod as a dependency that isn't being loaded. or 3 something has gone terribly wrong and you need to post about it here so we can figure it out.

Once it is loaded and your player parachute points are working in exile, then we move on to loot. Don't bother trying to get this going before you can go on the server, this loot system can be very picky and to try to set this up without even being able to log on to a working server to test things is a fruitless adventure. Also when you are setting this up you want to make sure that this is the only file you are changing, so that when something stops working, you know where to look and you can always just copy back the original if you just want to have the server running again.

@exileserver\addons\exile_server_config.pbo > config.cpp

This config file controls where the loot drops, what loot drops, how much loot drops, and a few spawn settings for how far up in the air you spawn, if there are vehicles around spawn areas, and a few other things. I'm not sure what buildings are all used by the ural map, however, I find it's best to take this in steps, so that its easier to fix things when something doesn't work.

The first step here is to find out what buildings your map uses. If it uses all default arma 3 buildings like my circle map does, you don't even need to change anything. However, I think ural uses mostly AiA and JBAD so you need to either decompile the map, and get a full building list, or get in touch with the developer and get a full building list.

Basically, if you look at this file and see the building config, you will see that for each building loot can spawn in, there are coords for where in that building it should spawn loot at. Problems arise when there are duplicate buildings in here, or if the terrain uses buildings that aren't even in here. Sadly for ural, I think the latter will be what you face as it looks as though the dev for ural has spent a lot of time re-texturing most of the buildings. If he renamed the buildings when he did the retexture, you will have to have that list to get your loot working. This is starting to go beyond the scope of just getting your server running Ural, so lets focus on that first and revist the loot and the exile_server_config.pbo file once you can parachute into that snowy terrain ;)

Edited by wasti
1 person likes this

On 10/29/2015 at 1:55 AM, TMHackSaW said:

Is there any chance to port Napf ? 

There is a chance you will see Napf very soonish :rock:

1 person likes this

Advertisement