Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
› The Cool Side of the Pillow

Porting to New Map, Adding Weapons confusion.

4 posts in this topic

I've been working with some people trying to set up Exile on Bornholm and Chernerus using MAS weapons and we've run into some problems I am hoping can be cleared up here:

We've edited the item tables in the 3 locations we're aware of: the trader list, the list later on in the same config, and the cfgLootTable class in the server config PBO's config.cpp.

I can get the weapons to work on the default Altis version just fine, but since someone else released it for Bornholm, we wanted to use that and so I made the same adjustments as I did for Altis and it loads, gives no errors, but no client can connect to the server without timing out or being kicked.

I don't know if it is just that one release, though. So I want to try making the port myself (which I'll have to do for Cherno anyway later). I am wondering the following:

1) Are there perhaps other locations for loot spawning we missed?

2) Would changing the map require anything more than moving the objects placed on it from the editor to the new map, or would I need to manually configure the scripts for Bambi spawning?

3) Is there anything special that maybe I'm not even taking into account I need to change/edit to add more weapons and change the map being played?

You used the LootTable compiler to change them, correct?

As far as what else you need to change, I would double check the config.bin in the @Exileserver - Addons Exileserverconfig.pbo. There should be the classnames for buildings/locations that would need to be changed. I am at work right now so I can't guarantee that is where it is at...

Advertisement

No, I did it the hard way; by hand directly into the thing. Is that no good?

If someone else (or Lenymo later on) can give me the location where the building classes are, it would save me a lot of time when I have a chance to get back to it myself. :D

Edited by › The Cool Side of the Pillow

Actually, I was able to find it, it should be @ExileServer\addons\exile_server_config.pbo and the config.bin is in there. You will need a program to open/read the BIN file, I use Eliteness

And I dont think you can actually change the loot table by hand, I read on here that some people were having trouble with that.

I get off work at midnight CST (approximately 4 hours from now) and if you want to hop into our TS I should be able to walk you through it.

Ts.fractured-gaming.com

Advertisement