Karmafied

Server Restart Minimum?

6 posts in this topic

Me and 2 other people play for about 3 hours per night, maybe 4 times a week. Would there be any noticeable performance drops if we only restarted the server once a week? If so, what should be the minimum?  Note: Right now, it auto-restarts every 6 hours. I am just wondering for the sake of gameplay/story-mode progression.

From my experience, (not Exile) but tons of other mods and/or gamemodes, depending on what's running etc, 8 hours tops, after that you'll really feel noticeable performance issues. I'm running my Exile server with 6 hour schedule, works fine for now, but the more objects that gets added to world, the more performance drop you'll see and feel. I know when my server gets maxed out on players and all of them have bases and vehicles, I have to go down to 3-4 hour restart schedule. A easy way for you to monitor the overall performance stretched over days is to use mARMAcp check the FPS once in a while, you'll see it will eventually drop after longer uptime. 

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Thanks, ka0s.

I am wondering how that all will affect us overall. We only have 2 small bases in Australia, 3 vehicles and a couple storage boxes. Nothing more. I know the AI and destroyed vehicles are cleaned up within their own systems, but I am sure that eventually it will have an impact. I will have to checkout mARMAcp. Thanks!

Thanks, ka0s.

I am wondering how that all will affect us overall. We only have 2 small bases in Australia, 3 vehicles and a couple storage boxes. Nothing more. I know the AI and destroyed vehicles are cleaned up within their own systems, but I am sure that eventually it will have an impact. I will have to checkout mARMAcp. Thanks!

This is mine after roughly 4 hours uptime, still runs pretty solid, but also only 8 players right now. Server is pretty clean of objects currently as I had a wipe recently due to broken stuff. :) Usually it's around 30-50 FPS all the time, since wipe I still haven't seen it drop below 40 yet, but that'll come as more objects gets built.

mARMAcpStats.thumb.png.26ee55c9ada8679fd

1 person likes this

This is mine after roughly 4 hours uptime, still runs pretty solid, but also only 8 players right now. Server is pretty clean of objects currently as I had a wipe recently due to broken stuff. :) Usually it's around 30-50 FPS all the time, since wipe I still haven't seen it drop below 40 yet, but that'll come as more objects gets built.

mARMAcpStats.thumb.png.26ee55c9ada8679fd

how do you enabled these "extra" fields in marma?

can you tell me how do you make it or share your code?

Edited by Kugane

how do you enabled these "extra" fields in marma?

can you tell me how do you make it or share your code?

Go to your @marma folder -> Addons -> DePbo marmadebug.pbo 
Edit your default.hpp: 

class mARMADebugDefault {
    /*
        If the code property returns a number, the data is plotted as a graph. Code that returns a string is stored as a static metric.
    */
    class MapObjects {
        name = "Objects";
        code = "count allMissionObjects 'All'";
        interval = 60;
    };
    class Players {
        name = "Players";
        code = "{isPlayer _x} count playableUnits";
        interval = 10;
    };
    class MissionName {
        name = "Mission Name";
        code = "MissionName";
        interval = 60;
    };
    class WorldName {
        name = "World Name";
        code = "WorldName";
        interval = 60;
    };
    class AI 
    {
        name = "All AI Units";
        code = "count allUnits";
        interval = 10;
    };
    class LocalAI 
    {
        name = "Local Hosted AI";
        code = "{local _x} count allUnits";
        interval = 1;
    };
    class RemoteAI 
    {
        name = "Remote Hosted AI";
        code = "{(!local _x) && (!isPlayer _x)} count allUnits";
        interval = 1;
    };
};

Data may not be updated right away on Marma, it will take some time :) 

3 people like this

Advertisement