Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RalFingerLP

Plenty of objects on the Server

Question

Hello Forum,

we are about to deal with a seriouse problem on our server. We grow bigger and bigger each day and we do get around 10 news flags each day and around 1300 new objects on the map each day. Right now we have around 14000 objects after close to 12 days of running our server. What would you guys do to increase such a lot objects on the map? Basebuilding is the main issue here. We still rund on around 5 fps serverside after 4 hours of gameplay with around 80-90 players. But i think there will be bigger isses in a few days if we don´t come up with a sollution to prevent so many objects.

I would appreciate your feedback on solving this. Is there a way to make bases dissapread earlier? Would you increase the price of a flag? Make building a wall more expensive in material?

Your feedback is appreciated!

Some statics from our db:

Construcions Territory Vehicles

1 answer to this question

Make territories expire weekly, limit the number of flags and vehicles players can own, cleanup anything older than 7 days upon restart. And if you have that many players (80-90 active) I would consider closing the server from public and making it white-list only with an application to join.

Advertisement