hieve

Points for AI Kills

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

What I need :   -> Not only player kills should give points, AI kills should also give points.

Is there a way to count every kill with the pointsystem?

I came across onMpKill Event System, but did not find / succeed anything right there.

Sounds simple and hopefuly is simply to put in :)

+push, as I still not have found a good solution, but I know there is some out there :)

Advertisement

Would be helpful to know which AI system you are using ^_^

For A3XAI you find the respect reward settings in the a3xai_config.pbo (config.cpp)
For DMS it's in the A3_dms.pbo (config.sqf)

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Stoll said:

Would be helpful to know which AI system you are using ^_^

For A3XAI you find the respect reward settings in the a3xai_config.pbo (config.cpp)
For DMS it's in the A3_dms.pbo (config.sqf)

Can you help me too ? i have the same question posted here --> http://www.exilemod.com/topic/12031-enigma-civilian-exile-version/

Edited by Quasi Normal (Melano!)

none AI system! - most of them bring their own point system so there would be nothing todo.

there should be some way to get this into exile easily

in my case zombies should give points, people say exilez or some other packed script has it in, but i have here my own custom spawning systems etc.

their should be something like

(pseudo-code)

> If AI (type of  [Array LIST with AI CLASSNAMES] got killed , give PLAYER x points

as right now there is not too much documented about exile's functions and i dont want to read through these tons of lines of code(its enough when you host a server to ready up a mission , scripts, etc.) , im hoping someone could help me here

8 hours ago, Quasi Normal (Melano!) said:

Can you help me too ? i have the same question posted here --> http://www.exilemod.com/topic/12031-enigma-civilian-exile-version/

Do you have a download link for that? Couldn't find it anywhere and would like to have a look at it.

2 hours ago, hieve said:

none AI system! - most of them bring their own point system so there would be nothing todo.

there should be some way to get this into exile easily

Sorry, can't help with that. I'm no scripter at all and only understand some basics.

4 minutes ago, Stoll said:

Do you have a download link for that? Couldn't find it anywhere and would like to have a look at it.

It's the regular Enigma civilian, but i just search to attach the exile kill point system with it, i'm trying but i'm not skilled enough

@Defent:

Can you give us a hint?

Its similar to your "fn_PlayerAwardOnAIKill.sqf" from the AI System, but I cant find where you setting up which type of ai it was.

I would like to expand this function to give Points for Ryans Zombies & Demons or other killed objects(like Animals for example)

1 person likes this

@hieve The types and such are set up in "fn_SpawnAISoldier.sqf", via setVariable. The values are then extracted from global variables defined in the config.sqf

Because it's not called in there. It's called through an mpkilled event handler. The script you linked only does the calculations and saving to database part. What it esentially does is fetch the current variable values as eraser said, adds whatever custom value you set and then saves the variable again.

Check here for info on how we (eraser basically) calls the event handler:

https://github.com/Defent/DMS_Exile/blob/master/%40ExileServer/addons/a3_dms/scripts/fn_SpawnAISoldier.sqf#L339

Note that this needs to be called on every ai or it won't award for all the kills.

1 person likes this

Advertisement