Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
subroutine

maybe cylinders instead of spheres (Territories)

Question

Hi Inmates,

I have a question, or well maybe more of a suggestion.

Its about the changelog of the coming update 0.9.36.
I think it is great that with the new update players cannot build these ugly skytowers anymore BUT:

if you territory is shaped like a sphere ( I assume more as a halfsphere with your flagpole in the center of it)
you will have most of the time trouble to make a two story base as going up means that the 2D distance to the edge of a sphere decreases. 

277px-Moment_of_inertia_solid_sphere.svg

meaning if you make a more squared kinda base which I think most players will do your second floor cannot be flush to your outer wall and has to move a bit to the center of the build "sphere".

what if instead of a sphere you make territories like a cylinder. that way you can still have a height restriction, you can set the z-coordinate ( in the picture its called h for height)  the same as the max radius. so if you have a base radius of 15m than the maximum (cylindrical) build height will also be 15 meters.

118px-Cylinder_geometry.svg.png

I am not so good in getting my thoughts on paper but I hope that I have made my point( suggestion ) clear.

Cheers and thanks for this wonderful mod !!,

Subroutine

Edited by subroutine
6 people like this

1 answer to this question

Thank you very much! We have integrated that now. In our case: r = h

EDIT: After some research this is not possible - unfortunately. It will cause problems when building on water and/or large slopes. We have to leave it as a sphere. I personally think it is not as that bad, as it will encourage players to increase their territory sizes.

Edited by Eichi
7 people like this

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0