FaZe Aimbot

Computer Help

6 posts in this topic

Hello, i'm not sure where to post this, and im sorry if this is an annoying question. I bet you guys get this question a lot... But if someone could just tell me if my computer could run this or what do I need to upgrade before I download this and can run it. It'd be amazing. I can run Arma 2 quite well. with Medium settings 40-50 FPS stable

Computer specs:

CPU: Intel Core I5 3330

MotherBoard:  ASrock Z75 Pro3

RAM: 12GB's

Graphic card: NVIDIA Geforce GT 640

If you have any more questions on my specs ask me and i'll answer quickly!

It would run it just fine on medium to low settings, might lag a little, the 640 hasn't aged well ;) 

I would upgrade the video card if anything. I used to use the 3350p with a 280x and would get 60fps+ with most settings on ultra.

280x is only $200 on newegg right now,

the 390 is also a great buy at $300 if you want the extra gpu ram for 4k resolution.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

Its weird because I can play Arma 2 with 40-50 FPS stable. But when I get into Arma 3 I get 25 fps on low settings or even high settings. Its a little confusing and doesn't make sense to me.. The fps sticks at around 30 fps and under. Any suggestions? is there a setting I can change?

It's your video card giving low fps. I would change your draw distance to 2 or 3km and object to 1km or less. That should help it if everything thing else is already lowered.

If you don't mind it looking like poop you can also change the render% to 50% and it will render at half resolution.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your budget for an upgrade? I can recommend less expensive video cards but they won't have as much of an impact on your performance as the 2 options I already listed. (also, you can get a 285 for about 150, but there is only 2gb of ram on them, the 280x has 3gb and the 390 has a whopping 8gb)

I just tried what you suggest, and it helped. Thank you. I now get around 30-50 FPS in a 30 person server.

And my budget is around 150-200 Dollars. If you could find a good graphics card at around that budget it'd be great.

BTW, if you could answer real quick. when I download the modpack. Does this website have a specific server that they use?

Edited by FaZe Aimbot

What do you mean by the modpack? Exile? Exile is designed so server operators can cherry pick other mods to add in, so it's all up to the server operator on which mods are required to play. I don't think there are any official servers, however there are lots of vanilla servers that only require the core exile mod to play on.

I would save up to the $200 mark and pick up an ATI r9 280x 3gb card. I've had 2 power color 280x's for a little over a year and they have been great to me. I recently upgraded to a 390 8gb card and apart from being able to render further, there isn't a whole lot of difference for arma between the 2 cards; both a single 280x and a single 390 can run the game on max settings with decent draw distances. (3kobj,6k total on 280x, 6k obj and 12k total on 390)

Advertisement