Lunchbox

Adding different tree models

11 posts in this topic

How would I go about adding tree models in exile so I could harvest the wood for them. I am trying to convert a map to exile. 

Search for a chop file in the server code and take a look, somewhere are the models defined. Just overwrite it with your implementation.

Edited by On4fox

Advertisement

Which map might you be trying to convert?

Lingor. I found where the models are set under CfgInteractionModels.hpp, however, the settings are in the exile client and if I change the PBO, I would have to resign everything, thus making the signed keys invalid. 

Edited by Lunchbox

I haven't looked through the code for exile extensively yet but you should follow what On4fox said look for where it defines what can be chopped and add the lingor trees to that array. That way the only changes will be made will be in the server files. Anyways good luck and make sure to post back if you get it work to help the next person tryin to port to lingor.

Go to @Exile and unwrap the config bin in exile_client pbo. In there add/replace this (This contains Arma 1-2 trees)

class WoodSource
    {
        name="Trees";
        models[]=
        {
            " t_",
            " bo_t_",
            "str_",
            "Smrk_",
            "les_",
            "brg_"
        };
    };

Can anyone help out a little more in regards to editing server side files? I'm also setting up a server on Lingor and it would be nice if we could cut down the trees.

Hey just wait for the next version. I asked the devs for adding more trees to the serverfiles and they promissed to do it with the next update. 

The Problem you'll have if you add your treemodels to @exile is that players have to Download it from your website and they can't play on other exileservers with that modded version.

The Problem you'll have if you add your treemodels to @exile is that players have to Download it from your website and they can't play on other exileservers with that modded version.

Thats wrong as far as i know, you can overwrite everything you like as a server owner (the custom code section in the config), the client will use your modded files without the need of downloading some extra stuff.

Advertisement