Diggz

Jurassic Arma compatible?

11 posts in this topic

k so everyone has exile servers running this that and everything in the laundry basket, and always the same bloody zombie mod :) (btw good job to ryan and captainjack for making it wonderful).... but what i want to know is, is it possible to make this mod ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27163 ) work with exile... so we have dino's instead of zombies just for a change :) 

if anybody knows how to get this working or has it working somewhere please let me know or add me on steam

steamcommunity.com/id/diggzy1986

many thanks peoples :ph34r:

3 people like this

Yeah its strange because panthera actually has a small jurassic island on it as well ;) I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up before.

2 people like this

Advertisement

I'd like to bump this, Was defiently thinking with Tanoa adding Dinosaurs would be amazing! Anyone had any progress or have this running?

I used to run this on Exile Esseker about 6 months ago. It was great fun and a change from the zombies.. Oh wait ! I ran the zombies too in old Esseker with the creepy fog ;)

Edited by MetalHead

There's one server listed as running this mod out of all of Arma 3. It's an Exile server but the server name says it's running Exile 1.0 and Arma 1.62. Perhaps it's not a server that is still being maintained.

Im pretty sure it is possible, I looked into using these on a lingor server but a server key was not provided with the download (might be changed now?) I went ahead and asked both devs of the mod if they had server keys and they both said they would get it added in but yea. I did not do it because unsigned server.

Edit: It looks like they did sign it and add a key! (According to changelog) 

Edited by Andrew_S90
1 person likes this

Thanks for the info guys, I'll take a further look today at Jurassic arma. Only issue I have is im not sure how to actually add spawns or have them spawn around the map. Would be awesome if we can get them to spawn in and around the long grass and fields thats all over Tanoa.

I don't recommend this. The raptors ignore walls and floors, attacking you while you're looting a raised building from through the floor. They can't navigate trees, getting stuck on every tree trunk. We tried this on our Exile server last year and it was resoundingly rejected due to the shortcomings of the raptor mod. Note that it hasn't been updated since January last year. Oh! And lets not forget that whenever someone loots a raptor's corpse, there's a 'raptor suit' in the clothing slot. _Everyone_ tries to put this on, and it _immediately_ crashed the server _every_ time.

But if the raptor mod gets updated to fix these problems, oh man it would be soo cool! The times things weren't crashing, and the raptors weren't glitching, were amazing. Sprinting to the car while a pack of raptors come running from across the valley. Get in the car and boost off, raptors are running at 50 kph, and so still gaining. Machine gunner in the back seat blazing away at the chasing raptors. Raptors get close enough to take a swipe at one of the passengers before you are able to speed up enough to out-pace them, horribly mauling them. Good times. Until the server crashes 10 minutes later, or you're looting a building and die from a raptor outside the building attacking you.

I had given this some thought. But I felt for immersion purposes I was going to need to create a map with terrain, but very few buildings. I simply don't have enough time to make a map right now.

Advertisement