Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stalker.ch

Concerning the required wipe at 0.9.36

Question

Hello,

I am playing on a very customized Exile server, where big bases are completely normal. So most people have bases with more than 300 parts, but I saw this value is adjustable, so this shouldn't be a problem. However, you write that a wipe is required, is this because of the new building limit or because of the new DB structure? Would it be a lot of work to fix things if the server is not wiped?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by stalker.ch

1 answer to this question

The database structure does not change! We only add new fields. That is not problematic at all.

Currently, you can build into the air forever. There is no limit building up. But this will change in the next version. So if you do not clean things up, there will be constructions outside of territories. The owners will not be able to move or deconstruct them. Same for safes.

Also, with the new construction limit, players that have a base exceeding this limit will also not be able to move or add new things to their territory.

You could of course work around that by adjusting the settings, but this will cause more problems later on. You could also move around in-game and delete all the stuff manually. This will also not work well, since you cannot know whats inside the 3D radius or not.

So my advice is to simply throw away everything. This way, it will not solve any more problems and players can have a fresh start. It can be very refreshing to build somewhere else. For example, if you always wanted to build at a special place, but it was already used by someone else. On top of that, it be evenly balanced for new and old players. New players do not have to face big-ass territories anymore when they join a server for the first time.

I know that it was semi-optimal to announce this so early. It is no excuse that we have been asked to do this. See things from our point of view. This is the very first modification we have done and we are still inexperienced. We have learned our lesson and this will not happen again.

Fortunately, there are some AAA titles being released these days, so no one has interest in Arma anyways.

2 people like this

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0