Rod Serling

AVS - Advanced Vehicle System

699 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, Being a bit new to Arma 3 server hosting and also Arma 3 modding, integrating this mod on my server is the first point where I started to get in to a bit of trouble to the point where I think I'm probably doing something wrong.

I've been tinkering around the past weekend in trying to get AVS to work properly on Altis along with CUP vehicles, but must be doing something wrong.

The thing i mostly stumble upon is fn_saveAmmo.sqf ends up saving using:

if (_vehicleID > -1 && !(_currentLoadout == "any")) then
{
	_extDB2Message = ["setVehicleAmmo", [_currentLoadout, _vehicleID]] call ExileServer_util_extDB2_createMessage;
	diag_log format ["AVS Debug - saveAmmo - _extDB2Message: %1",_extDB2Message];

_query = format["%1:%2:%3", 1, "AVSDB", _extDB2Message];
	"extDB3" callExtension _query;
};

(included my temporary catch-all to avoid the erroneous database entries as I try to hunt down a cause.)

I currently use "AVS-1.4.5"  as available on GitHub at https://github.com/AdamKadmon/AVS in the master branch (downloaded as a .zip)

afaik things start to go wrong at saveAmmo trying to save 

any

(codeblock for clarity) to the database as it's contents.

I feel a bit like chasing down a rabbit hole, so must obviously be doing something wrong.
Does anyone have a clue as-to why the database is riddled with entries containing "any", instead of the actual contents?

I tried to look up anywhere where there used to be a "_extDB2Message" for the extDB3 upgrade to try and exclude thatcall  from being the cause, but i'd also expect more people to come up with errors if that were the case.

I'm quite new to Arma 3 modding, but used to deal with rewriting Arma 2 mods and mods for various other games.

The server I'm modding for i've only launched (for private use) about 10 days ago.
So maybe it's just me being a tool, but, as a tldr;

Should AdamKadmon's master branch function for Altis, provided the database has an ammo column added for the vehicles, or am I missing something?

Edit; I am at this point just trying to use the ammo persistence functionality, rearming at this point is done by another mod.

Edited by Annihlator
addition

Posted (edited)

Howdy, folks! I'm trying to find a solution for this: 

Task:

I want to allow players to change the default 0000 pin code of persistent vehicles spawned by AVS by installing a new codelocks and choosing a new one. But without changing the id of the actual owner so the AVS won't spawn more cars after player "claims it". 

Possible Solution:

Possible solution that I found was changing a bit @Mezo's https://github.com/Mezo/Claim-Vehicles script  > server part of it ExileServer_ClaimVehicles_network_saveVehicleRequest

1) First , I commented out the  if (_vehicle getVariable ["ExileIsPersistent", true])  check. It will allow players reclaiming "claimed by AVS" persistent vehicles.
2) Second, I was thinking of changing the _ownerUID = getPlayerUID _playerObject;  
Instead of player's account UID , it must be AVS's one, but I don't know the command calling for it.
PlofRBl.png

So instead I tried completely commenting  _vehicle setVariable ["ExileOwnerUID", _ownerUID]; out, but it messed things up.

Help me out with:
How do I call for persistent vehicle account UID from database?
_ownerUID = SOMETHING?????          call ExileServer_system_database_query_selectSingle;   ?

Edited by Chernaruski

Advertisement
3 hours ago, Chernaruski said:

@Annihlator if you using extdb2 just roll back to 1.4.4. Works like a charm for me.

I'm on x64 and hence using extDB3, I consider x86 not a valid alternative for being limited to a max of 4GiB of assigned memory makes no sense to me (The server I use for running the Arma Dedicated Server has twin quadcores and 32gb of RAM in the box; of which up to 24gb may be assigned to the VM running the dedicated server. When the server's running it tends to consume about 7-8 gb of RAM in our current setup (tested with about 4 players online).

Ofcourse, the tip is still appreciated, and it's very good to know 1.4.4 should function well when using ExtDB2; this strengthens my suspicion that the problems likely stem from the change of ExtDB-version :) I guess it's time to fire up a testserver with extended logs :P

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, Chernaruski said:

Howdy, folks! I'm trying to find a solution for this: 

Task:

I want to allow players to change the default 0000 pin code of persistent vehicles spawned by AVS by installing a new codelocks and choosing a new one. But without changing the id of the actual owner so the AVS won't spawn more cars after player "claims it". 

@Chernaruski Trying to think along/loud here; If I understand correctly you want the claimed vehicles to still count as AVS-vehicle-spawns?
I'd guess the easiest solution might then be to add a database column basically containing a boolean value wether the vehicle was bought from a trader, or spawned by AVS, per-example. I'd recommend the approach for it shouldn't impede any other functionality.

Edited by Annihlator
added mention

Posted (edited)

On 14/05/2018 at 0:11 AM, Annihlator said:

Hi, Being a bit new to Arma 3 server hosting and also Arma 3 modding, integrating this mod on my server is the first point where I started to get in to a bit of trouble to the point where I think I'm probably doing something wrong.

I've been tinkering around the past weekend in trying to get AVS to work properly on Altis along with CUP vehicles, but must be doing something wrong.

The thing i mostly stumble upon is fn_saveAmmo.sqf ends up saving using:

if (_vehicleID > -1 && !(_currentLoadout == "any")) then
{
	_extDB2Message = ["setVehicleAmmo", [_currentLoadout, _vehicleID]] call ExileServer_util_extDB2_createMessage;
	diag_log format ["AVS Debug - saveAmmo - _extDB2Message: %1",_extDB2Message];

_query = format["%1:%2:%3", 1, "AVSDB", _extDB2Message];
	"extDB3" callExtension _query;
};

(included my temporary catch-all to avoid the erroneous database entries as I try to hunt down a cause.)

I currently use "AVS-1.4.5"  as available on GitHub at https://github.com/AdamKadmon/AVS in the master branch (downloaded as a .zip)

afaik things start to go wrong at saveAmmo trying to save 

any

(codeblock for clarity) to the database as it's contents.

I feel a bit like chasing down a rabbit hole, so must obviously be doing something wrong.
Does anyone have a clue as-to why the database is riddled with entries containing "any", instead of the actual contents?

I tried to look up anywhere where there used to be a "_extDB2Message" for the extDB3 upgrade to try and exclude thatcall  from being the cause, but i'd also expect more people to come up with errors if that were the case.

I'm quite new to Arma 3 modding, but used to deal with rewriting Arma 2 mods and mods for various other games.

The server I'm modding for i've only launched (for private use) about 10 days ago.
So maybe it's just me being a tool, but, as a tldr;

Should AdamKadmon's master branch function for Altis, provided the database has an ammo column added for the vehicles, or am I missing something?

Edit; I am at this point just trying to use the ammo persistence functionality, rearming at this point is done by another mod.

You have run the AVS.sql query on your database, right?

10) Execute the following query on your exile MySQL database:

ALTER TABLE vehicle  
ADD ammo text  
NOT NULL;  
UPDATE vehicle SET ammo='[]'

As it looks like that's whats missing to me ;) 

Edit regarding using AdamKadmons 1.4.5 AVS the difference between them is that AVS was updated to run on x64 servers (extDB3)

Edited by GGWOLF

1 hour ago, GGWOLF said:

You have run the AVS.sql query on your database, right?

10) Execute the following query on your exile MySQL database:

ALTER TABLE vehicle  
ADD ammo text  
NOT NULL;  
UPDATE vehicle SET ammo='[]'

As it looks like that's whats missing to me ;) 

Edit regarding using AdamKadmons 1.4.5 AVS the difference between them is that AVS was updated to run on x64 servers (extDB3)

Yeah, before saveAmmo fills the table with "any"-entries the columns were all filled with "[]", too. I've also attached a screenshot of the vehicle-table.

In order to get a bit further with my attempts in hunting, does someone happen to have an example database entry for correctly formatted ammo? (Any vehicle would do really :) )

Making the rpt spit out a diag_log from fn_saveAmmo.sqf turns out the result of _currentLoadout at around line 31 is "any", like is then inserted in the DB.
So it appears, for whatever reason, my server's detection of the ammo is broken... how it can result it to resolving to "any" rather then none (even for vehicles that were empty when trying to save...) is a big mystery to me. The code that should perform the functionalities is essentially untouched compared to the master-branch, spare from extra log outputs...

currentexiledb.png

Have you tried using AdamKadmons 1.4.5 yet? iirc he and @odizzzzle did some work on vehicle ammo when updating it? Personally I only use the persistent vehicles function without any armed vehicles so I cant really help you there :( 

Hey. I have a problem with spawning random persistent vehicles on my server.  I have followed every step in the instruction but it seems like its not working.

I also read every post here about that problem as well, but i cant find a single working solution for that.

Theres a guy here who said, i should paste the "ID Tag" of the vehicle inside the database to account and the tag into the UID. Well i tried that out, but its not working.

Can someone please help me with that problem? I also have no errors inside my RPT logs expect this one:

@ExileServer\addons\avs.pbo - unknown

Well but i have the same thing with my exile_server.pbo and its working, so i guess thats not the problem

@ExileServer\addons\exile_server.pbo - unknown

Can someone give me a step by step solution so i can finally spawn random persistent vehilces? Would be awesome.

Advertisement