Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tang0

Key Bind Problem

Question

Hi, having problems bunding Ins , Home, Del and End to crouch, prone, lean left and lean right, can see them in keyboard settings in options after ive set them but they do not work in game, they work fine for arma3 and arma2 dayz - any ideas?

4 answers to this question

these keys. AS OF NOW, are 'hard coded' to exile's building keys.

without modifying exile mod (which means you would not be able to join a server), there is nothing at this time you can do.

there MAY be a 3rd party program that you could use to 'alter' the keys.  i had such a program for gta4.  it changed joystick movements into key presses.

and i THINK a few years back i saw a program that would change the 'b' key into a 'q',  so YOU push the 'b' key and your program gets the 'q' key. (these 2 keys are EXAMPLES)

BUT, these 3rd party programs MAY be seen as some sort of cheat...USE WITH CAUTION.

if used, i would get clearance from the server's OWNER first...

that would be about it. 

hope it helps!

:)

Edited by Z80CPU

there MAY be a 3rd party program that you could use to 'alter' the keys.  i had such a program for gta4.  it changed joystick movements into key presses.

and i THINK a few years back i saw a program that would change the 'b' key into a 'q',  so YOU push the 'b' key and your program gets the 'q' key. (these 2 keys are EXAMPLES)

SharpKeys is one such program that would allow you to remap these hardcoded mappings.

1 person likes this

Advertisement

thanks woodysg...i knew i had seen such programs..thanks for supplying a link to one!  :)

Edited by Z80CPU
1 person likes this

Advertisement