will695

mimic player count

8 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I'm just asking this as a proof of concept, but is there a way to mimic fake players so that the server looks like there are players on but actually there isn't? I've tried with arma3server.exe and arma3.exe -client but this doesn't show as there is a player on, just headless client player.

Any ideas, is this even possible? I may get a lot of flame about this question but I would just like to know if it's possible as a concept?

Thanks,

Advertisement

no worries. I wasn't going to implement it as it is a bad idea and would ruin the player base i have. I just wanted to know if it were possible.

haha, it was actually for an idea that i had. something like if x amount of players reached then run this script. Wasn't sure if i made the script if i could test it anyway as i'd be on a test server with just me on. That's why i was asking, not to fool people ;) although it would be tempting but it's just such a bad idea to do.

haha, it was actually for an idea that i had. something like if x amount of players reached then run this script. Wasn't sure if i made the script if i could test it anyway as i'd be on a test server with just me on. That's why i was asking, not to fool people ;) although it would be tempting but it's just such a bad idea to do.

Sure ;)

But it would be a funny experiment. So many players just sort servers based on player amount and join the top one that pings decently. If it has 3 server FPS and lags and they get 20 client FPS doesn't seem to matter. It would certainly do something interesting to the server landscape.

If this worked it would most likely kill off the game as players would get sick of trying to find a server with actual players on.

True which is why its such a bad idea. But as Tobias said it would be a funny experiment.

Advertisement