Spartan

Automatic Battleye Filter Generator

12 posts in this topic

A lot of people seem to struggle with Battleye filters.

How difficult would it be to create a small program (.bat maybe?) to input say the line number and text of a Battleye kick and have it auto-generate a filter and a prompt of what line to add it to?

I'm not a programmer, but I've seen the work of plenty of really smart programmers here, and this would seem to be a real time and frustration saver to a large number of server administrators.

Just a thought.

2 people like this

Battleye is easy just ad \ infront of " and right before a line break\

Ps the first " and last " should not have a \ in front

Edited by itsatrap

Advertisement

Not always true, I don't know the reason exactly, but sometimes the first " needs one, for example sometimes this !=" is ok, but other times I need to do !=\"

Battleye is easy just ad \ infront of " and right before a line break\

It may be easy to learn, but I see a lot of people struggling with it here. I've been able to do it with some trial and error and reading posts from the folks helping others figure it out. I think it's one of those things that people don't understand until they have a "Eureka!" moment and it clicks into place. Some filters are definitely easier than others to figure out. I also think those who have programming skills and experience pick up on this kind of thing rather easily, while those of us without programming backgrounds struggle. I enjoy learning just a fraction of what you guys already know and take for granted. :) 

Not always true, I don't know the reason exactly, but sometimes the first " needs one, for example sometimes this !=" is ok, but other times I need to do !=\"

Then you are doing it wrong.

Any scripts.txt filter is straight forward, the rest, if not quoted needs quotes, but NEVER a leading \

Maybe I am but I have literally had filters not work until a single change is made to them in my scripts.txt by doing a !=\" as opposed to a !=" and changing nothing else on the filter.

Maybe I am but I have literally had filters not work until a single change is made to them in my scripts.txt by doing a !=\" as opposed to a !=" and changing nothing else on the filter.

He's right I have encountered this too, it doesn't always work in the way the tutorials tell you and God know where it goes wrong. The only way I have found to get round errors that the tutorials method of "fixing it" is to just log teh issue rather than kick for now. Plus it's just a complete ball ache to have to connect > get kicked > check scripts.log > amend and update > re-upload (sometimes have to restart server too) > reconnect > rinse/wash/repeat for what seems like every line of the script! 

There has got to be a better way though. I'm also getting really tired of reading condescending posters saying things like "just learn it yourself". I have learned it myself - I spent the better part of 4 hours yesterday reading testing and trying to understanding it and "doing it myself", having got to he point where I feel I can do it myself guess what -  it's still a ball ache! 

Had I been in front of one of these tools who wright stuff like "it's easy learn it yourself" yesterday I wold have been locked up for stamping on their arrogant faces 

That is all :) 

Edited by Boxman80

it only may not kick you after this single change because the whole filter file may not work anymore if you fuck it up like this...

be is just ignoring the whole file then...

just because "it works" doesnt mean its done right now...

be wont kick you if you have no filters at all... but would that solve the problem? would that be an acceptable solution? i guess not...

hey... just kick out all your filter files... problems gone...

(and the protection too...)

hey kids... i found out how to get not drunk...

i just need to pour the drink somewhere else instead of in my mouth... so i can have a few more... and i get not drunk...

how cool is that? huh?

*scnr*

I have learned it myself - I spent the better part of 4 hours yesterday reading testing and trying to understanding it and "doing it myself", having got to he point where I feel I can do it myself guess what -  it's still a ball ache! 

no one ever said that it will be easy... so deal with it...

Edited by AFC~Gagi2~

no one ever said that it will be easy... so deal with it...

Oh I am dealing with it, I just get frustrated by bell-end forum users who post things like this to be honest and my point is why must we deal with people being condescending or arrogant?  

Edited by Boxman80

I too have spent hours dealing with Battleye filters. The tutorial on this forum, posts by more knowledgeable members, and other information available by Google searching can help with most filters, that's true. Then sometimes you get one that nothing you've ever read explains how to fix. Or you make a silly mistake and can't see it because you've looked at the same few lines a hundred times until it's all a blur. Everybody needs help sometimes, and a generous spirit can make a huge difference.

Also, if we pay attention and don't just respond with a superior tone in a knee-jerk reaction, we can usually tell who is trying to learn something but having a tough time getting past a hurdle, and who is sucking the life out of the forum by always asking and not doing for themselves or helping others. Help the former. Either ignore the latter if you're busy, or take the time to explain to them kindly that they need to educate themselves more on the subject and try and then come back with their results if they are stuck.

1 person likes this

Advertisement