Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucius

Are database wipes required for updates?

6 posts in this topic

Before the next big update DOES come out, are database wipes (dropping all tables) required for updates generally? If I missed an answer to this, my apologies -- I did some searching, and couldn't exactly find the answer I was looking for here.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Before the next big update DOES come out, are database wipes (dropping all tables) required for updates generally? If I missed an answer to this, my apologies -- I did some searching, and couldn't exactly find the answer I was looking for here.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Post from Preview Changelog of 0.9.36 "Unnamed"

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/5966-preview-changelog-of-0936-unnamed/

Release Date

If everything wents well, we will release the next version in the end of November. We will announce the respective date three days before that.

Admin Info

• Database wipe or manual action is required!
  • Database structure update is required! We will add things!

Please note that we will not delete any fields, tables or keys of our existing database scheme. We will only add new fields to existing tables. There will be a simple SQL script that you can import.

No need to make wipe for database, you can add needed changes to database manualy 

Edited by SadBoy1981

Advertisement

Sounds good.

Any idea if they will give specific instructions for the "manual changes" needed?  If it's just adding new tables for new types of items, no big deal.

Should brush up on my SQL before the end of Nov.

Sounds good.

Any idea if they will give specific instructions for the "manual changes" needed?  If it's just adding new tables for new types of items, no big deal.

Should brush up on my SQL before the end of Nov.

There will be a SQL script that you can import to your database and add new fields.

There will be a SQL script that you can import to your database and add new fields.

So, it sounds like old fields are not being changed -- just new fields that apply to new gameplay elements? Unless they moved inventory to another table or something, in which case the existing entries would have to be purged I'd assume...

In either case, will have to read the .sql script and see what it does exactly to know.

Edited by Lucius

From what I've read on the forums, there will either be an SQL query to add the new tables or you can manually create them. No existing tables are being modified or removed.

Advertisement