Boxman80

Mission.sqm issues

5 posts in this topic

Morning, apologies if i've missed something glaringly obvious here or a topic already posted (i have so many 'followed' topics of interest now I'm starting to get cross-eyed!) but I'm trying to learn about A3 Exile server hosting and experimenting with different maps.

I have a little bit of knowledge of A2 server hosting but it's mostly centered around the creation of PBOs and dayz related configs so I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but really love Exile and want to know more about hosting.

Anyway, long story short, I have been trying to load some test servers up with Esseker or Bornholm. I've uploaded the maps to the server and addeded the correct launch parameters and the server seems to accept the map (displaying on Gametracker correct mod and map) but when trying to connect, the server cant be found via A3 launcher or connected to directly in-game or if they are connected to, upon connecting i am quickly disconnected (this is happening when i just use a basic misison file i got off the web but i cant edit it further as it breaks :( ).

I'm presuming I'm doing something completely wrong with my missions.sqm file as it's the only config file i'm editing, I was using pbo manger 1,4 to compile the pbos and eliteness 2.32 to de-rapify the mission.sqm. When i create the mission file I have based it around the Altis mission.sqm changing the addons parameters and leaving the spwawn locations and what not. 

Anyway, I'd be greatful if someone could check the mission file I've attached and see where I  am going wrong.  I presume it's something to do withthe coordinates for spawning what not but Im not sure which if these variables are needed to centre the map or load players in.

Ive searched around and not found much other than a few "basic" mission files that dont really help me understand what is needed to be done.

Misison file is attached, cheers in advanced. 

http://files.enjin.com/59994/Exile/mission.sqm

What's the RPT say about the whole ordeal?

Did you remember to change the config line

template = Exile.Bornholm;
        difficulty = "ExileRegular"; // ExileRegular or ExileHardcore

Advertisement

Yea i've added the correct template to the config file, the rpt I cant see at the moment as I'm at work and dont have access to it  at this moment in time but from what i remember it had some errors about what I presume to be markers or item locations/positions (maybe cur_position lastpos 2D etc something like that) upon load up - I presumed this was to do with the fact I hadnt updated any spawn, loot/trader positions yet though.

When i get access ill post some of the error logs here.

1. Keys for Additional Mods in /keys?

2. -servermods and -mods?

3. try the exile.altis which came with the exile server package , if this is working ,add your mods etc. step by step

4. without rpt, we cant help you really , mission.sqml could be faulty, but the server console will say then something like endless "mission XXXX is reading"

1. Keys for Additional Mods in /keys?

2. -servermods and -mods?

3. try the exile.altis which came with the exile server package , if this is working ,add your mods etc. step by step

4. without rpt, we cant help you really , mission.sqml could be faulty, but the server console will say then something like endless "mission XXXX is reading"

Ive only loaded the map (All in arma terrain for Esseker too) as the only additional mod Ive added. I've added the map key (for both maps i've tried) to the keys folder. The server loading parameters include @exile;@bornholm  etc and as I said they seem to work as the map loads and i can see the server as up on gametracker. Exile works fine with altis on both the hosted solution we have and the dedi box, its just when i try to change the mission sqm file to include the correct map . 

ill get the rpt uploaded shortly , thanks appreciate the help so far. 

Advertisement