Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eichi

SQF Compiler File Output Structure

Flat or Folder File Structure?   197 members have voted

1. 1. Flat or Folder File Structure?

• Flat File Structure (as of today)
    • Tree View File/Folder Struture

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

When making references in a mission file to overwrite anything custom you want the folder structure may also lead to some errors, while easily preventable, a simple mistake of referencing the wrong folder to begin with will result in an error. Again, easily preventable but from the past with Arma it was  a common error of mine after the missing " ; ".

True but any overwrites you make to client files gets put in the mission file anyway.  You're not putting the edited file back into the Exile_Client PBO, so it's a moot point as far as that goes.  Making the suggested change would just alter how you look for the files you want to edit before they get put into the mission PBO.  

True but any overwrites you make to client files gets put in the mission file anyway.  You're not putting the edited file back into the Exile_Client PBO, so it's a moot point as far as that goes.  Making the suggested change would just alter how you look for the files you want to edit before they get put into the mission PBO.  

Fo sho

Advertisement

I feel its the opposite, its much simpler and tidy to have them in categorized folders

This guy is smart.

1 person likes this

Keep it how it is, its not broken and doesn't need fixing.

What's next? Whoring Grim off to set up servers for ppl that don't know how to? xD

8 people like this

I kinda feel that initially I would have appreciated the folder structure, but having spent an ungodly amount of time customizing and hunting for stuff I wanted I find navigating the file structure perfectly fine the way it is.

I am impartial. Either way is good, I just appreciate the effort the devs go to talking with server admins =)

1 person likes this

Can you explain this a little more?

/**
 * ExileClient_construction_handleAbort
 * Exile Mod
 * www.exilemod.com
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 * This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. 
 * To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
 */

2 people like this

/**
 * Exile Mod
 * www.exilemod.com
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 * This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. 
 * To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
 */

Oh I see

/**
 * Exile Mod
 * www.exilemod.com
 * © 2015 Exile Mod Team
 */

Now This ^^^^^^^^^^ would make life a ton easier! :) no need for folders :)

1 person likes this

Advertisement