Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nopinky

Loot Value

4 posts in this topic

I had a thought about how a loot value system could work (50,000 ft view anyway)...

Each area would have a 'loot value' so lets say each hanger area in Balota, has a loot value of 400.  So the random items that will spawn there will roughly equal 400 tabs.  Loot would spawn as either one 400tab item, or maybe forty 10tab items, that would be somewhat random.

I dont know how easy or efficient this would be...just a thought...I am not a developer, but staying at that Holiday Inn Express last night gave me this idea ;)

Then how would you do it with army bases and their loot? I mean would some areas get higher value due to them spawning higher quality/priced loot?

... AND, would say a spawned car have any effect on the area-loot value?

... not trying to be a dick here, I just like to challenge your idea to see where it's going :)

Advertisement

Personally I think the random thing with loot works best imo.

Otherwise players will just go to that one building that has the highest value loot and not bother going to other buildings/locations.

Edited by Brez

Personally I think the random thing with loot works best imo.

Otherwise players will just go to that one building that has the highest value loot and not bother going to other buildings/locations.

Agreed to a certain point. 

This is where you make it very difficult to get to these areas, fill em' up with AI, so it's impossible to just run in there, do your stuff and camp the area afterwards. There is a lot of potential in OP's idea, but it needs to be very balanced. :)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0