The Gent

Possible to build structures in editor/SP missions without hosting?

5 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Before I start I know the stock standard answer is to search as it's been covered "multiple times" in the forums, but all I have managed to find is people saying that it's been covered multiple times and not actually it being covered - perhaps I'm not able to use the in-built search function effectively enough or perhaps it's not quite up to scratch for specific searches like this.

Is it required that you host it privately to be able to do this? I'm not looking to have core features to do with respect, I'm not looking to implement custom missions or anything - I'm just simply looking for the ability to build using Exile's awesome building system, while not on a multiplayer server.

I want to mess around with a few rather big build ideas which wouldn't be practical without having an unlimited supply of wood.

Thanks in advance for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

The Gent

Edited by The Gent

Advertisement

you need to setup your own dedicated environment with a sql database in order to this.

if you just want to play around with buildings you could try to put them in via the editor, but this wil not be persistent

you need to setup your own dedicated environment with a sql database in order to this.

if you just want to play around with buildings you could try to put them in via the editor, but this wil not be persistent

Copy that -I have no idea to do that, I'll have to look it up!

And very good point about the persistance - I hadn't even thought about that!

Thanks for your input!

The Gent

You might be able to with M3Editor. Load the game with Exile and M3Editor mods running. Exile Constructions are in the objects list, although I haven't tried placing them so I'm not sure how it will work. You can save your project with M3Editor though and re-load it later.

Advertisement