John

Removed

214 posts in this topic

Nice work John. It would be cool if he were driving around the map in a box truck with a custom paint job. 

1 person likes this

Advertisement

lol should be easy to do the vehicle part.

Could make him stop and get out when a player is near easy enough.

Custom paint job is out of my area of expertise :D

1 person likes this

Don't know why, I'm thinking a ice cream truck with that happy music driving around :D

Nice script though B|

4 people like this

nicely done john :) may have a play around with this and see what else can be done if i get the time. Will share anything i come up with.

This is a great idea. Maybe a mission could be thought about for this as well. LOVED the random patrols that A2 mission system had.

Kudos to you, JohnO.

Hey mate, great Idea,

Just posted it onto the server, question I have is, is there a set delay? (servers been up for 15 min, no map marker as yet?) 

I've basically copied what you've copied stating  [] execVM "RoamingTrader.sqf";  in my init.sqf 

Also no errors in the rpt. log

EDIT - Placed [] execVM "RoamingTrader.sqf"; Within the initserver.sqf to give it a try  and receiving the below kick, 

19.11.2015 01:09:35: WilliamEquals D  - #23 "live_F'; this allowDamage false; removeGoggles this; this addBackpack 'B_Carryall_oli'; this addVest 'V_TacVest_blk_POLICE';"

Edited by William =D

7 minutes ago, bregan5 said:

Does the trader roam the map or does this just spawn a random slot for a trader?

As you can read in the script and Title, yes it should roam around the map^^

8 hours ago, William =D said:

Hey mate, great Idea,

Just posted it onto the server, question I have is, is there a set delay? (servers been up for 15 min, no map marker as yet?) 

I've basically copied what you've copied stating  [] execVM "RoamingTrader.sqf";  in my init.sqf 

Also no errors in the rpt. log

EDIT - Placed [] execVM "RoamingTrader.sqf"; Within the initserver.sqf to give it a try  and receiving the below kick, 

19.11.2015 01:09:35: WilliamEquals D  - #23 "live_F'; this allowDamage false; removeGoggles this; this addBackpack 'B_Carryall_oli'; this addVest 'V_TacVest_blk_POLICE';"

Looks like you need to add to your BE filters , add this to line #25 in scripts.txt

!="live_F'; this allowDamage false; removeGoggles this; this addBackpack 'B_Carryall_oli';\nthis addVest 'V_TacVest_blk_POLICE';\"

Should get you out of trouble.

Also in the script, the marker is off by default. Edit this bit to put a marker (marker will not follow the trader, only show spawn location).

/**Debug marker -- Im not great with scripts and not sure how to do configs so remove the comments if you want to have a marker to debug **/
/* <<move this
_mk = createMarker ["TraderLocation",_possiblePosStart];
"TraderLocation" setMarkerType "mil_warning";
"TraderLocation" setMarkerText "Trader";
*/ <<<remove this

Advertisement