Tomm121

Airport objects duplicating

9 posts in this topic

As anyone else experienced objects on the ground at the airport have duplicated. Some of the things include:

Crates, airport equipmwnt and lots of other Things.

Could someone help me solve this please :)

initPlayerLocal.sqf, you most likely un-quoted the #include initServer.sqf. 

2 people like this

Advertisement
3 hours ago, ka0s said:

Aren't the props around the traders created in initServer.sqf?

1 minute ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Aren't the props around the traders created in initServer.sqf?

Correct, but if you have the vanilla Exile files, you'll see a quoted "#include initServer.sqf" in the initPlayerLocal.sqf file. 

And the initLocalPlayer.sqf runs everytime a player joins the server, so if you have #include initServer.sqf un-quoted in that file, well... Guess the rest :)

5 minutes ago, ka0s said:

Correct, but if you have the vanilla Exile files, you'll see a quoted "#include initServer.sqf" in the initPlayerLocal.sqf file. 

And the initLocalPlayer.sqf runs everytime a player joins the server, so if you have #include initServer.sqf un-quoted in that file, well... Guess the rest :)

I'm sorry but I don't understand your reply. It still doesn't make sense. If the objects around the traders are spawned in with the initServer.sqf file, why do you want that commented out? Without it, the traders have nothing around them.

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

1 minute ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I'm sorry but I don't understand your reply. It still doesn't make sense. If the objects around the traders are spawned in with the initServer.sqf file, why do you want that commented out? Without it, the traders have nothing around them.

Okay, lets take it from the top. 

First a explanation of the files, what they do and when they are initialized.

--
initServer.sqf - Is initialized when the server starts up, and doesn't initialize again. 
initPlayerLocal.sqf - Is initialized whenever a new player joins the server. 
--

In the original initPlayerLocal.sqf file from Exile.Altis folder, there is a quoted: "#include initServer.sqf" but it's written that it's taken out for now. (Note it's the original initPlayerLocal.sqf from Exile!!

All props are in the initServer.sqf, and are spawned as soon as the server starts up, okay?

So if you un-quote the "#include initServer.sqf" in the initPlayerLocal.sqf file following will happen: 

--
Player joins the server -> initPlayerLocal.sqf executes, with the un-quoted "#include initServer.sqf" -> initServer.sqf executes again, and duplicates the props at the traders. 
--

Does it make sense now? :)

I was under the impression that initServer.sqf only ran if that line was uncommented in initPlayerLocal.sqf. I had no idea it ran automatically. My traders props are in a server side pbo so my initServer.sqf is empty except for the setTimeMultiplier 6; line so the duplication problem never happened on my server.

3 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I was under the impression that initServer.sqf only ran if that line was uncommented in initPlayerLocal.sqf. I had no idea it ran automatically. My traders props are in a server side pbo so my initServer.sqf is empty except for the setTimeMultiplier 6; line so the duplication problem never happened on my server.

Now you know, all the init files are more or less initialized automatically, based on the events i.e. PlayerLocal etc. ;)

4 hours ago, ka0s said:

It currently likes like this inside the initplayerlocal.sqf:

//#include initServer.sqf. 

So what else could be the problem?

Advertisement