Eggbox

A3XAI radio signals

12 posts in this topic

hi

ive looked everywhere for a solution to this but cannot find it.

in the A3XAI mod config file there is an entry to turn on/off picking up AI radio signals and messages 

//Enable or disable radio message receiving. Players with radios or part of a group with at least one radio will be able to intercept some AI communications. (Default: 0)
    enableRadioMessages = 0;

i have tried setting this to both 0 and 1 but still get no messages, we have radios in our loadouts and i have seen this working on other servers.

is there something else i should do/have for this to work?

thanks in advance for any help

Originally Face released some client files in which players need to have with their EXILE mod to allow the radio messages to be recieved, 

Advertisement

As William has stated, there are two parts to it. Serverside and clientside files, both need to be enabled for players to get the messages ;)

thanks for the quick reply william

i have played on servers that show these messages though and i dont have any extra client files

done.....

thanks for the quick responses and the help :)

Edited by Eggbox

Don't get this wrong. Client Files are not meant to be installed by the client. They only need to be installed on server. they need to be in the root of the mission pbo. The client user does not need any of these files on his local computer. If Admin did a correct installation on his server clients who are joining his server will download this clientfiles automaticaly with the server mission file.

regards

Cal

Edited by cal dasiri

6 hours ago, ThrottleFox said:

A few players have asked about this for my server, any chance of getting the files as well. Thanks

If you read the installation guide of A3XAi on github you will find that the files you need to install for your player already are in the A3XAi-master.zip file. Look at folder "2.Client Addon" . Installation see below. Only Server needs to install this! Clients don't need any further files.

Spoiler

A3XAI Client Optional Addon
----------------------------

1. How to install
------------------
The A3XAI client optional addon is used by A3XAI to run client-side commands. To install:
1. Unpack your mission pbo file (example: Exile.Altis.pbo) and copy the A3XAI_Client folder into the extracted folder.
2. Edit your extracted mission folder's init.sqf (if no init.sqf exists - create one) and insert this at the end:

#include "A3XAI_Client\A3XAI_initclient.sqf";

3. Repack your mission pbo file.
4. Add the required BattlEye filters found in "Needed BE Exceptions for Client Addon.txt"
5. Start your server.

2. How to configure
------------------
Edit A3XAI_client_config.sqf to change settings and enable/disable features. By default, all features are enabled.

Brief summary of available settings:

A3XAI_radioMsgs:                     Enables text message warnings to players with radios when they are under pursuit by AI.
A3XAI_client_radioSounds:            Enables audio notifications.
A3XAI_client_radioMessage<number>:    Set radio text messages intercepted from AI communications.

1 person likes this

Advertisement