CreativeSamura

Run Script before map selection

8 posts in this topic

Hey all, Names Dave.

I am reasonably new to scripting in arma 3 and would like to know how/where i would add my video playing script so that it only plays on new spawns and not on old players returning to my server, iv added my code to the script "ExileClient_gui_selectSpawnLocation_event_onSpawnButtonClick.sqf" so that when a new player selects a location to spawn and click Okey. the video will play. but while the video is playing so does the game continue to play and i freefall to my death. now.... i dont what to turn off para-shooting. so is there a way to pause the game while the video is loading?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me.

P.s. where is my simple code to play my video

/////////////////

[] spawn {
scriptName "initMission.hpp: mission start";
["addons\intro.ogv",false] spawn BIS_fnc_titlecard;
waitUntil {!(isNil "BIS_fnc_titlecard_finished")};
};

//////////////////

Advertisement

You can turn off Paraspawn in @ExileServer\addons\exile_server\config.cpp. Search for BambiSettings as it will be in that class. 

As for "pausing" the game, the only way you could do that is to get your code in before the creation of the character, otherwise, the character will spawn in and will be "stuck" until your video has played.

Thank for the reply. Starting the script before character creation sounds like the way to go. So where do I find the script that starts b4 the creation of the character? 

I don't know how to do this, but thought I may be able to help you get to the right place.

When you connect to a server and it's loading, there is a tile that shows up with the Exile logo, etc. If you look in your mission PBO at the description.ext file you'll find the script below that loads that tile. Perhaps you could stick something in there that will check the player's UID in your player database to see whether the player has ever joined your server and, if not, have it play your video.

author = "Exile Mod Team";
loadScreen = "exile_client\texture\mod\logo.paa";
onLoadMission= "www.exilemod.com";
OnLoadIntro = "";
OnLoadIntroTime = false;
OnLoadMissionTime = false;
onLoadName = "Exile Mod";

that sounds like a g8 idea Spartan. now i need to learn how to read from mysql database haha, shouldn't be to hard. thank you.

Advertisement