Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ReaktivN7

Low FPS

23 posts in this topic

Hey there! 

I play Arma 3 on two different pc's, one of them is a laptop which specs are: Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.40Hz, nvidia GeForce 740M 2GB, 12GB RAM, and the other one is a desktop which specs are: Asus M5A87 Motherboard, HexaCore AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T 3.20Hz, AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series 2 GB, 8GB Kingston RAM; I would say that the desktop is a lot better despite having a rather old gpu...

Anyways the problem is.. when i try to play arma 3 exile mod on the desktop, i get the same 20fps on low or ultra settings, which doesn't happen on the laptop where i play with 40ish fps easly, with low-medium ingame video settings.

Edited by ReaktivN7

Advertisement

Yeah i presumed it was due to that xD

But i played other mods with the desktop and the fps were decent... thats the thing that bothers me 

Hey I have also the Problem that my FPS dont get higher than 20. My Computer Sepcs: 8GB Ram, Intel Xeon E3 1245v3, Samsung Evo 850 120GB SSD, Radeon 280x 3GB Ram. It doesn't matter wich graphic settings I use. My FPS are lower than 20 all the time but just in the Exile mod. On every other Server I have more than enough FPS. Maybe some tipps or suloution? 

2 hours ago, ReaktivN7 said:

Yeah i presumed it was due to that xD

But i played other mods with the desktop and the fps were decent... thats the thing that bothers me 

Different mods put different amount of strain on ARMA. Exile uses buildables, and having maybe 10000 buildables on a server WILL affect server and client FPS, that's how it is in this engine, each client has to handle everything on the map, so the more there are, the less FPS. That is why a lot of servers limit the amount of vehicles, and why there are build limits. The engine is really old and not built for optimal performance.

59 minutes ago, KeksDipp said:

Hey I have also the Problem that my FPS dont get higher than 20. My Computer Sepcs: 8GB Ram, Intel Xeon E3 1245v3, Samsung Evo 850 120GB SSD, Radeon 280x 3GB Ram. It doesn't matter wich graphic settings I use. My FPS are lower than 20 all the time but just in the Exile mod. On every other Server I have more than enough FPS. Maybe some tipps or suloution? 

Wait, you're playing ARMA on a E31245v3 as a client? o.0

2 people like this

yep. better price than a i5. But I cant understand why the performance is that kind of shit. The cpu is not bad its not an i7 but like an i5. And other players dont got problems with their fps.

Edited by KeksDipp

16 minutes ago, Tobias Solem said:

Different mods put different amount of strain on ARMA. Exile uses buildables, and having maybe 10000 buildables on a server WILL affect server and client FPS, that's how it is in this engine, each client has to handle everything on the map, so the more there are, the less FPS. That is why a lot of servers limit the amount of vehicles, and why there are build limits. The engine is really old and not built for optimal performance.

Yeah, but in my laptop the fps are really nice and smooth, i really enjoy exile for that, the problem is on my desktop.. I guess the problem comes from the hardware itself. Thx for replying mate!

1 hour ago, KeksDipp said:

What motherboard are you running and are you using ECC RAM?

2 minutes ago, second_coming said:

What motherboard are you running and are you using ECC RAM?

Asrock h87 pro4 and no i dont use ecc ram.

Advertisement