Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tobias Solem

Persistent cars are rented from the mob

4 posts in this topic

Simple idea:

All persistent vehicles are rented only. Once you rent it, you pay your first rent fee, and then the cost is reduced on a daily basis.

Why?

This removes the current behaviour of players renting tons of persistent vehicles and driving off into the middle of nowhere, not caring about their vehicles, because they can just sell a few loot items and buy a new one. Now when you have to pay rent, you actively force players to think about if they should rent this vehicle, and try to get back to it instead of paying more rental costs.

It also provides a "reason" why vehicles are removed from the server after some time, the mob simply went and picked up their vehicle and kept its contents as a fee, once the player's amount of poptabs reached zero.

Additional suggestion(s):

+ Player pays an extra security deposit that he gets back if he returns the rented vehicle, or loses if the vehicle is destroyed.

+ Player loses a % amount of respect if he cannot pay his rent, showing your untrustworthiness to the "mob"

+ Rent increases exponentially with each additional vehicle the player rents

3 people like this

Maybe a No rental below some ridiculously low level of respect.(maybe a negative number)

75% of the cost of a new car on a non returned vehicle

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎30‎:‎19‎, Tobias Solem said:

+ Player loses a % amount of respect if he cannot pay his rent, showing your untrustworthiness to the "mob"

lower respect and maybe the future hold a bounty on his head.

Advertisement

You will have a "last_accessed" field on next update. So in my case i will write a mysql trigger which deletes vehicles not being used for 2 weeks. tadaaaa :)

10 minutes ago, Flow said:

You will have a "last_accessed" field on next update. So in my case i will write a mysql trigger which deletes vehicles not being used for 2 weeks. tadaaaa :)

Sweet!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0